Re: Raised foundation doesn't allow stairs into open basement.

by pocketfIower

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

bumping because i've been having this issue since I first started playing the game haha, thought I could just ignore it but it's such an eyesore that i had to see if others are experiencing it too. good to know I'm not alone! would really love to know if this could be fixed.

here is how it looks in my game -

when the lot is slightly raised:

raised terrain 2.jpg

when the lot is raised higher:

raised terrain 1.jpg

idk...is it supposed to look like this? lol

Message 21 of 24 (558 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having the same issue. This is a glitch or oversight that needs to be fixed ASAP. Stairs can be placed from main floor with a foundation extending into the basement, however the walls around the hole into the basement look really glitchy...almost incomplete as there are no walls surrounding it. . I tried deleting the ground in/around the stairs like I normally would for an "open to below" type balcony on the second/third floor, and then creating foundation walls around it to make the floor cutout into the basement look more natural, but then the stairs cannot be placed there and I get the error message "Incompatible With Terrain Constrain Blocks" as previously mentioned in someone else's reply. Its very frustrating that stairs CAN go to the basement with a foundation...but not the way you want them to. Stairs in general still have way too many problems that need to be worked through.... We are 6 YEARS into the game. How can you have an entire diagonal house but no diagonal stairs? Someone please answer me this. We also have no true "spiral" staircases like we have had in every previous Sims game. Please step it up EA. 

As a disclaimer, I use a lot of custom content, however it is frequently tested after patches. I get the same issue with the Mods folder removed from the game file.

Message 22 of 24 (506 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Issue with placing stairs in a basement when raising foundatio

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 24 (478 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Issue with placing stairs in a basement when raising foundatio

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry for reviving this topic, but I literally have the same issue right now on console. Latest version, all expansions, obviously no mods. Don't think I can share an xbox save, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention. The seam is completely fixed when I lower the foundation, but that just ruins the outside of the home. So I'll make do without a basement for now😅

~Edit: screenshots

Message 24 of 24 (250 Views)