Ground still broken to the basement when inside!

by Elithian87

Original Post

Re: Raised foundation doesn't allow stairs into open basement.

Hero
@simmyfroggy There's this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Issue-with-placing-stairs-in-a-basement-when-raisi...

Not sure if it's exactly the same.

Would you say that's what you're seeing (please read all the posts in the thread)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (845 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I've seen that post when I was scouring the forum for a post on this issue - I'd have added my reply to one instead of creating a new post.

Looking at that post closer, it seems like two parts of one big combined issue.

1) if you have a ceiling on a basement, you can't create a "balcony" overlooking the basement and the issue that OP in the other thread posted happens: placing stairs will cause the surrounding terrain to raise as they've shown.

2) If you remove the ceiling to create a "balcony" overlooking the basement, you can't place stairs leading up to the ground floor at all. You can still place a ladder to the ground floor, or as CGrant54 tested, a staircase all the way from the basement to a first floor though.

08-20-20_8_27_17 AM.png

This is a demonstration of the possible staircase and ladder placements - after removing the basement ceiling to allow for a balcony overlook. The only thing that's not possible: a staircase directly between basement and ground floor within that open space. If the basement ceiling is present, the issue in the other post happens. 

I think maybe you can merge the posts because they're related. Bottom line is: right now, the bug/issue/hopefully not feature is that you can't have balcony overlooks into a basement without something not working right. 

Message 12 of 24 (837 Views)

Hero
@simmyfroggy I've merged then.

I'm really not good with build issues myself so thanks for confirming that you think they're at least related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (832 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bump!! It is a glitch due to reading the other posts where they show it works fine. They didn't raise the foundation and they only put fences around the area. I have posted a video on my youtube channel on page 1 to show exactly how the bug happeens and how it  needs to be fixed. Please watch the video and do exactly like I have done to show the glitch. Bump again~

Message 14 of 24 (801 Views)

Re: Broken Foundation/Terrain

★ Apprentice

Came across this today as well. Built a house with basement, placed stairs from basement to ground floor. Raised the foundation and the stairs disappeared.

If i first raise the foundation and the try to add the stairs it won´t let me.  In swedish it says "modultrappor kan inte placeras i terräng"  (modular stairs can not be placed in terrain)

First time it occured the ground raised on the outside of the foundation as well... ?!

Message 15 of 24 (780 Views)

★ Apprentice
@simmyfroggy The stairs have to be curved
Message 16 of 24 (738 Views)
Highlighted

Ground still broken to the basement when inside!

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O7Y3R4MGI&t=4s&ab_channel=KevinHedeen
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't delete the ground when you want an open concept inside in a baseent.
What do you expect to see? A balcony to the basement from the first floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have posted this MONTHS ago and it was posted back when ECO came out in May. This is terrible! It has been 7 months since this bug! It needs to be fixed! I tried to bump my other post about this but it won't let me. This needs to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!07-25-20_12-08-33 AM.png07-25-20_12-08-33 AM.png

Message 17 of 24 (805 Views)

Re: Ground still broken to the basement when inside!

★ Apprentice

Bumpity bump

Message 18 of 24 (754 Views)

★ Guide
@Elithian87 I think your issue is a different bug than mine, since I don't see foundation of any kind on your lot, but maybe you might find something in my thread that could help by getting ideas on things to test and try and maybe end up getting more details about what's happening or maybe find a workaround? Here's the thread, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Stilt-Foundation-causes-irremoveable-flooring-at/m..., I hope it helps.
Message 19 of 24 (743 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have a video link I made of it as well to show. Go watch the link I also posted cause I had my friend do it and same thing happened to her game.

Message 20 of 24 (726 Views)