Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Invited Sims won't leave after party/invite

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? it's up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except bust the dust and journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game and invite sims over or have a party. sims still stay all night and the "send home" option doesn't pop up. it impacts my sims trying to get ready for work and school in the morning because they don't leave.
What happens when the bug occurs? sims still stay all night and the "send home" option doesn't pop up.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to leave when the party ends. they shouldn't even hang around for a little bit. they should just leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can upload my save if need be. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 36 (7,397 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't leave after a party/no options to send home appear

Hero

Sims who would invite themselves over and make themselves a little too welcome have relearned their manners and should now knock.

With this fix in  Patch 1.103.250/1.84, I'm going to archive this thread.

If you have any invasion issues still, please create a new thread.  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 36 (1,835 Views)

All Replies

Re: sims still won't leave house

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheSpaark Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M172242

Could you please also answer the following questions:

- In which world does this happen ? Does it matter ?
- Did you start this save before or after the patch ?
- Does the option not appear on any Sim you invited or only particular ones ?
- Did you give any house/apartment keys ?
- Do only guests arrive that you have invited or are those guests you didn't invite and just came over ?
- Do they do any particular interactions when they're not leaving ?

- Does the type of party you throw matter ?

Save file would be helpful as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (7,376 Views)

★★ Guide

Same. I thought it's been fixed on that latest patch but no.

Message 3 of 36 (7,369 Views)

Hero
@bae281995 Please answer the questions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (7,366 Views)

★★ Guide

- In which world does this happen ? Does it matter ?

In any of the worlds.

- Did you start this save before or after the patch ?

before. my game is up to date (latest patch)

- Does the option not appear on any Sim you invited or only particular ones ?

on only particular ones. I click Send Everyone Home. Only 1 or 2 goes home, the others stay. 

- Did you give any house/apartment keys ?

N/A. I don't own City Living.

- Do only guests arrive that you have invited or are those guests you didn't invite and just came over ?

Guests were invited. 

- Do they do any particular interactions when they're not leaving ?

They play the llama game. Or just stand there or talk to each other or something. 

I hope they cancel whatever they're doing when I click "Send Everyone Home" and they should just leave. 

Message 5 of 36 (7,353 Views)

Hero
@bae281995 Could you also send me your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (7,348 Views)

★ Guide

game version 1.76.81.1020

I'm currently in evergreen harbor, but it was happening in an apartment in san myshuno. the send home option finally popped up but they still won't leave. theyv'e been here for 12+ sim hours. in the apartment, the sims would stay for a few hours but be gone by time my sims got up. so it wasn't that annoying because they werent disrupting my sims. my sims had to go to school and work smelly and/or hungry because they were in the way. 

the save is from before the most recent patch. I think I started a few days before the patch. 

like i said before, the option finally appeared but only on my sims. I was able to click on the sims that wouldn't leave and send them home. 

i gave an apartment key to my sim's husband prior to them moving in but that was like 4 sim weeks ago and they're now married in a new house with 3 kids and elders. 

my sim threw a dinner party for winterfest. they stayed. they usually stay a couple sim hours after the party or invite but are gone by next morning. if not 80% of the time the send home option works. and most of the time it's one sim that just won't leave. there are currently 4 who won't leave. there were 5. 

the sims who weren't leaving were using my bathrooms, watching my tv, eating out of my fridge, napping on my couch, etc. i tried forming a group and disbanding it. that triggered the send home option to pop up which isn't working. I know they said they fixed it but I've been having this issue since the game came out. it comes in waves it seems. 

Message 7 of 36 (7,347 Views)

Hero
@TheSpaark The main issue with this is that it's probably a bit of a symptom. So they fix one cause but there's others and it still happens. There are so many factors to this game now, that it's hard to tell what's causing the issue in the first place.

There are a few such issues and I don't think they ever going to fix them fully.

The more info, the better.

To be sure, it's only happening after a party for you now, not random Sims just coming in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 36 (7,339 Views)

★ Guide

correct. after parties. sometimes my sim will invite someone over and they stay despite my sim asking them to leave or saying goodbye. but it's maybe happened once. it's 95% of the times with the parties.

Message 9 of 36 (7,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I sent you the save game @crinrict 

Message 10 of 36 (7,295 Views)