[FIXED] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

by Alphacetone

Original Post

Plants on "rental lots" go back on growth state to planted

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, packs and stuff packs except: My First Pet, Jorney to Batuu, spooky stuff, nifty knitting, kids room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to vacation on a lot you previously set as "rental" (for example Pier Palace in Windenburg), plant something and take care of them (water, fertilize, harvest).
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants go back on the groth state to just planted, though they keep the quality level.
What do you expect to see? plants that are "blossoming" growth state cannot go back to just planted. When you fertilize them or water them they just go back to that state.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After last patch gardening if fixed on owned lots (residential) but wrong on rental lots.

When you go on vacation to a "rental lot" gardening is bugged. When you fertilize or water plants (tested on sheltered plants) they just go back to "planted" growth state instead of keeping the growth state they have. 

Message 61 of 162 (3,165 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★★ Guide

Same problem here. Dirt clumps when traveling, dirt clumps when the eco footprint moves, dirt clumps at the beginning of a new week even if the season stays the same... RIP my sims gardens. Frown 

Message 62 of 162 (3,325 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too. I have all expansion packs, all gamepacks and all stuff packs.

It first happened to a legacy game, which I have been playing a long time, so they had a very large garden inside under a glass roof.

Started a new game and the same happened.

I hope they fix this when the new stuff pack and update come out.

Message 63 of 162 (3,307 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have some dragon fruit plants (10 of them) that just reverted back to dirt piles, though I never had any issues with them until now. Before they reverted back, I was making sure to harvest/sell them early in the morning on a daily basis. This went on for a long time, long enough to earn over 3 million from selling them. When they turned back into dirt piles my sim had taken a job that started pretty early, so I lost focus on my plants and didn't harvest them so regularly after that. One day after my sim got home from work I noticed all 10 plants had weeds, and after removing the weeds on each plant they each reverted back to dirt. The plants had not been harvested when they reverted.

I also had a problem with roses before anything went wrong with the dragon fruits. I was growing them in front of my house simply as decoration, I wasn't harvesting them, and it seemed like they either would revert to dirt or would go long periods of time without producing flowers. I eventually got rid of them, I mean it was pointless to have them as decorations if there were rarely ever any flowers.

I also had problems with cow plants reverting back to dirt. The odd thing with them is that the game considered them fully grown, though visually they were just piles of dirt. I noticed this when my sim went to play with the cow plant, even though the cow plant was visually just dirt. The cow plants were also getting hungry, sticking the cake out which I only knew was happening because the options to take the cake or feed were there, so this could potentially be a deadly problem for sims. I planted 2 cow plants, both had the same problem.

Not sure if it still matters, but to answer the questions asked in an early post:

Do you own Seasons ? - No. I only have the base game, and on Xbox One.
Do you have large gardens ? - The most plants I've had at a time was 13, with a minimum of 10 plants, so if that's considered large then yes.
Does it matter which plant or does it happen to all of them ? - I haven't tried all plants, but every plant I've tried has reverted back at some point.
Did you plant the plants before or after Nov 11th Patch ? - After. Most of my plants have been planted within I would say the last 2 weeks.

Just a theory I have, but I kind of believe the problem is related to harvesting and/or selling. As I said my dragon fruits were fine until I stopped harvesting/selling regularly, the roses almost always had issues and I never harvested them, and cow plants can't be harvested (unless milking them counts) which could explain why both of mine turned back to dirt. I'm not saying this is the problem, it's just an observation.

Message 64 of 162 (3,280 Views)

Re: Plants disapear

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you own Seasons ? Yes
Do you have large gardens ? I have tried with both
Does it matter which plant or does it happen to all of them ? It it too widespread to mention individual plants, and it happens whether or not in a planter.
Did you plant the plants before or after Nov 11th Patch ? I has been happening in my game for a long time, and I played around the issue. However, I now want my money trees to fruit and they just go back to dirt piles before my eyes, (unsure if there is a trigger, but seems to be more frequent when I go in to build/buy mode). I think - although not certain, it started to be an effect with the introduction of vertical planters.

Message 65 of 162 (3,247 Views)

Re: Plants disapear

★ Guide
  1. Do you own Seasons ? Yes
  2. Do you have large gardens ? Not at the moment. The family I played had about 10 plants.
  3. Does it matter which plant or does it happen to all of them ? Most of the time this seemed to happen if I moved the plants or went into build mode and built or bought something new on the lot. I managed to get cowplants back to their grown-up form if I moved them again or travelled away from the lot and came back and moved them after that. Usually also after I got them back to their grown-up form they weren't moving at all, but travelling away from the lot and back helped to fix this too.
  4. Did you plant the plants before or after Nov 11th Patch ? Most of them I had planted before the Nov 11th Patch, but I planted a couple of new cowplants after that too. Unfortunately I can't remember whether they shrunk too... I have a feeling one of them did, but I'm not 100% sure.
Message 66 of 162 (3,221 Views)

Plants not growing.

★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EPO6:1assets.live-ep06.131
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a garden, a majority of the plants won’t grow. A few will but, they’ll look half dead. Water or weed them & they revert back to a sapling.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant reverts back to a sapling or never grows.
What do you expect to see? The plant to grow or continue to grow after being tended so it’s able to be harvested.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims that live off their gardens are no longer able to due to the garden rarely producing a harvest. When the plants are weeded or watered they revert to being just a mound on the ground or a sapling. Most of the plants don’t even grow either. 

Message 67 of 162 (3,216 Views)

Re: My Sims garden disappeared after traveling to snowy escapes

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict

I think I might have finally figured it out why they're reverting to dirt piles.

In most of my playthroughs, I am usually very diligent about doing things at the proper time. Gardening every morning, weeding and watering exactly when they need it, and I've never had the problem.

I've had it quite a few times recently and I think I now know why. If you ignore the plants, it will cause them to revert. I ignored a plant for two days recently, and it reverted to a dirt pile. It was a new game and only planted like a sim-week before.

I want to test it further. My little garden in my current play has only 4 plants. I'll see if I can ignore just one of them and see if just that one reverts.
Message 68 of 162 (3,154 Views)

Watering Plants Deletes the Plant

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a plant that is ready for harvest and try to water it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim tried to water her plants that were ready for harvest, the plant would disappear and I would be left with a patch of dirt.
What do you expect to see? I expect the plant to still be there after I use the 'water plant' interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I updated the game for version 1.37 the issue started happening.

This issue only happens to plants that are available for harvesting. The plants were lemon trees and sage bushes which are not seasonal so the there is no reason why this happened. I found someone with the same issue on reddit: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FSims4%2Fcomments%2Fgx5bmv%2Fp... 

Message 69 of 162 (3,123 Views)

Re: My Sims garden disappeared after traveling to snowy escapes

★★★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps I agree with that. It happened just after 6am-ish. I didn't have time to harvest...then went to around 8 and poof... dirt piles.
Message 70 of 162 (3,024 Views)