Plants revert back to dirt mounds at 7am game time

by cozybunnyxo

Original Post

My Sims garden disappeared after traveling to snowy escapes

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Mostly all except university.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to snowy escapes and come back home. All harvestables will be gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? My entire garden is gone except the planters
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my garden as I left it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the latest patch.

I sent my sims on vacation to snowy escapes.  When they returned all my plants/harvestables were gone!

Message 21 of 162 (2,047 Views)

Re: My Sims garden disappeared after traveling to snowy escapes

Hero

@peta12 

Were the plants entirely gone or did they all just drop back to dirt piles?  Plants dropping back to dirt piles has been an issue since Eco Living was released.  Or are they disappearing altogther?

If you are having the plants drop back to dirt piles, then you might want to "me too" this posts and add comments there:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-In-Season-Plants-revert-to-dirt-piles-Patch-1-68/m-... 

Hope this helps.

Message 22 of 162 (2,028 Views)

Re: Plants disapear

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I had a large garden and this happened to me on this past Sunday. The plants had just been planted maybe a week before that. It happened to most of my bluebells, but not all of them. It was in the middle of summer there was no season change. I have all of the packs. 

Sorry, it was also my strawberries, snapdragons, and lemon trees. They also get the death mist even though they aren’t dead and there are no options to remove dead plant, only normal care options. If there is a new thread, can you point me in that direction? 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 23 of 162 (2,201 Views)

Hero
@FalconSims Sounds like you have this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Plants-playing-dead-emitting-green-cloud/td-p/9751... ?

I'm not sure if both are the same or if there's two things going on (or more)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 162 (2,196 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★★★★★ Novice

Glad to see I'm not loosing my mind. I had tested to see if this bug was really fixed after the latest patch. I used a complete vanilla game (no mods/cc). Did this with dragon fruits (sheltered). The plants blossomed and stayed that way from winter up until fall when suddenly they all reverted to dirt pile. EA did not fix this issue and I'm tired of this glitchy game where you waste so much money on packs only to find more bugs.

Message 25 of 162 (2,164 Views)
Highlighted

Plants revert back to dirt mounds at 7am game time

★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? !.34.138.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 7am in game time , watch glitch
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants turn back into dirt mounds
What do you expect to see? This not happening
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug hasn't been fixed. My plants turn back into dirt mounds at 7am game time, regardless of season. They will be ready to harvest and then disappear into mounds at exactly 7am in-game time.

Message 26 of 162 (2,152 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply! My plants are in season when this happens. I had 40 bluebell plants and over half of them looked like they were freshly planted. I’m not sure this is the same thing. Mine were not sheltered. I may have mentioned the wrong season, I can’t get on my game right now, but I did check while I was in game and they were in the correct season and the season was not close to ending. It seems to happen when I make huge garden. My small test garden is doing fine.  That is bluebells as well, not sheltered and growing normally. 

Message 27 of 162 (2,163 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did go ahead and hit me too, for the death mist 😊 thank you again, I hope my info helps in getting this fixed in the next update! 

Message 28 of 162 (2,162 Views)

Gardening not fixed with patch

★ Guide

Platform:Steam-PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 168.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a perfect garden, then travel or save and exit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The issues with the gardening are not fixed with the patch. Plants disappear randomly when my Sims travel or sometimes when I save and exit the game for the night. My Sims did go on vacation, but when they came back the garden was good, but after saving and closing the game and then loading that saved game tonight, the garden was almost totally gone.
What do you expect to see? I expected that the gardening issues were fixed with the patch, apparently they are not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is the same problem that was supposed to be fixed with the last patch.  

Message 29 of 162 (2,113 Views)

Re: Gardening not fixed with patch

Hero
@Jan_831 By disappearing you mean they revert to dirt piles or are they gone completely ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 162 (2,100 Views)