Re: [NEEDS SAVES] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

by Scribbit

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★ Pro

@SimGuruKuxiku  I have sent you a DM with link to save file that should open prior to weeding lemon tree, which triggered it reverting to dirt pile.  Included list of actions sim took prior to be told to weed.  This is in a mod/cc free game.

Message 71 of 162 (2,291 Views)

Re: [OPEN] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★★★ Apprentice
  1. Do you own Seasons ?  Yes
  2. Do you have large gardens ?  Some are, some aren't.
  3. Does it matter which plant or does it happen to all of them ?  All.
  4. Did you plant the plants before or after Nov 11th Patch ?  Both.

Not getting the false dead-plant graphic.
    Has only become a real problem since the SE patch.
    Happens overnight—plants turn to dirt mounds instead of bearing blossoms/fruit (not all plants every time).
    Pretty much 100% when traveling away from lot.

I have mods. I have no gardening mods.
    All DLC except vampires, starwars, first pets, knitting, paranormal.
Message 72 of 162 (2,266 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Alphacetone I am also having this issue.
Message 73 of 162 (2,245 Views)

Gardening is still bugged

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just plant anything.. they'll grow but bug out almost instantly after.
What happens when the bug occurs? Gardening is still bugged. Plants revert to planted state uncontrollably even if season is right. Also Plasma Fruit trees bug constantly. I can hardly harvest anything since they revert even before they bare any fruit and they're not even any season bound. Everything is bugging out badly.. fruits, flowers.. everything. Even vertical garden bugs and they keep reverting even before they made anything harvestable. No matter where you plant they keep reverting and almost produce nothing. It is NOT fixed. I've tried everything from game's own "fix" tool to completely reinstalling the game. Garden is bugged.. badly.
What do you expect to see? Fruits and flowers actually baring fruit?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Gardening is still bugged. Badly.

Message 74 of 162 (2,243 Views)

Plants in season and sheltered revert to pile of dirt

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Journey To Batuu, Realm Of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant some plants and have them grow
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants that are in season, and sheltered, will randomly revert to a pile of dirt.
What do you expect to see? Plants in season and sheltered should grow and produce their harvestables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I posted on the Sims Community facebook page about this, and others reported that it happens to them, and they don't have mods installed. One person stated that it's a bug with Eco Lifestyle. I've repaired my game since Eco came out. This only started occurring since the recent update for the Paranormal stuff pack, which I do not own.

Message 75 of 162 (2,215 Views)

★★★ Guide
  1. Do you own Seasons ? Yes. I have all packs.
  2. Do you have large gardens ? I have given up on large gardens because of this bug. I currently have one flower planted.
  3. Does it matter which plant or does it happen to all of them ? All plants (but not all at once). I've had it happen on all size and type of plants.
  4. Did you plant the plants before or after Nov 11th Patch ? Both

My game is now on a new computer that I've had less than a week. Both Origin and the game are completely fresh installs. It's still happening. It happens if my sim waters or weeds, overnight, when it rains, when the season changes (it started for me with when the season changes). I garden in almost all of my saves. This has been happening for months, across multiple saves, in every save and on every lot in every world I've lived in.

Message 76 of 162 (2,164 Views)

Plants visually revert back to earlier growth stages at random

★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Laundry, First Pet, Knitting and Bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow plants and tend the garden. This seems to happen most when harvesting/tending any plant, even cowplants.
What happens when the bug occurs? All plants, even those in perfect condition and fully grown will randomly revert back to earlier growth stages, losing much game time and effort. This is incredibly disheartening.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see plants grow and live as normal. I mean, if there are instances where a plant is an annual plant and only grows for full cycle of seasons and needs to regrow at the start of the next cycle, that is fine. However, if it's doing that it's doing this at much more frequent intervals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this began occurring after installing the eco pack

This has been an issue since June 2020 as is evident by all the threads out there regarding this issue, not just on EA. Can we at least get some communication about the progress toward fixing it. I know there are a lot of things that probably need to be fixed and staffing is stretched, but please just communicate. Communication would do well to help ease at least a little frustration over the issue.

Message 77 of 162 (2,118 Views)

Re: Plants visually revert back to earlier growth stages at random

Hero
@Billiardparty489 I merged your thread with the main one

There's a separate thread for cowplants if you also want to me too that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Cow-Plant-Resets-to-previous-growing-stage/td-p/97...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 162 (2,100 Views)

Plants disappear on random occasions

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37.13.4400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, Seasons, Snowy escape, Movie hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant plants, let them grow, harvest them, fertilize them...
What happens when the bug occurs? Full grown plants randomly disappear by turning back into a pile of earth. This happens sometimes without doing anything, ex. Two trees in the backyard. Walking back to the front end of the house and again, to the backyard. One tree and one pile of earth in result. It also happens sometimes when watering or when fertilizing a plant. I have several goldsmith bushes (summer/autumn) during winter season outside but stating "Sheltered". After harvesting them, they suddenly turn into "Out of season". Two of three reappeared later and are "Sheltered" again. The 3rd remains "Out of season". I had a dead (green cloudy) Tree which had the option "remove withered plant"- On the next sim day, this option was gone but all regular options (Water, Fertilize...) were back but the tree was still green-cloudy. I've put it in the inventory and back to the world, and it was fine again. One sim day later, it was a pile of earth. My cow plant disappeared a similar way (it's just like the pile of dirt with this little cow head) but acts as a fully grown cow plant; eats sims, can become milked...) When feeding, my sim acts as usual, Cow plant audio, green slime, sim animation... But only the cow plant animation is missing, as well as its fully grown appearance. Besides this all, My (real) wife (other PS4, other account) had a dead cow plant skeleton for several sim weeks, which suddenly turned back into a regular, living, fully grown cow plant, without doing anything. In general, some of the plants reverted back to dirt do no longer regrow at all, like my cow plant. But most of them grow again, but very very very much slower than usual. It appears that the whole plant system is screwed up,
What do you expect to see? a consistent behavioir
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm not sure, but I haven't noticed issues like that prior installing Seasons. However, I also did not spent that much time in gardening prior installing Seasons.

Message 79 of 162 (2,044 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue.  I do own seasons, my garden is not large, only 3 plants and 3 trees.  It happens to all of them including the trees and it was after Nov 11th patch.  

Message 80 of 162 (1,968 Views)