Re: [OPEN] [IL] Turtle Hatching, Event Not Happening

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★ Novice

Are you still interested in save files for this issue, @SimGuruNick? I recently moved a family into Sulani and have attempted to go to the Turtle Hatching event multiple times, but nothing happens (no baby turtles, no flags/banners, no crowd, etc.). I have a save file in Google Drive ready to go unless the Sims Team is good!

Message 21 of 30 (1,853 Views)

Champion

Just spotted this thread by chance. No posts for a while but still open, if this is still happening for anyone. The turtle hatching happens the Monday after the notification pops up. So in my game if it tells me turtle hatching season is beginning it's always a Monday, I wait one week then get to the beach with the turtle statue by about 9am the following Monday and shortly after that the bunting appears and then the cute little turtles do their little walk to the sea clearly loving all the attention.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 22 of 30 (1,643 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue, could you share a save file (unmodded) from some time before the issue occurs?

Instructions for how to send saves are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 30 (1,412 Views)

Champion

It might be related, but the Sulani Festivals that happen daily don't trigger while a sim is on Vacation. I think club gatherings also prevent festivals from triggering.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
-------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 30 (1,269 Views)

Re: island

★★★★ Apprentice

This seems to still be a bug.  The turtle hatching event does not appear in my game when the pop up appears. (No mods)

My sims live in sulani, I tried traveling in case the travel unlocks it, but no luck.  I've got th he notification many times but nothing shows up on the beach to watch the turtles hatch.  Very disappointing.

Message 25 of 30 (1,095 Views)

Champion
@GreenPlumbob26 Did you spot the tip earlier in this thread to turn up exactly a week after the notification?
That's still working for me. I get the notification one Monday so I arrive at the turtle statue the following Monday at about 9am and wait. Then eventually during the morning the decorations pop up, residents gather and the first baby turtle appears.
If you haven't tried that already, give it a go as it should work. I think the problem is that the notification is a week early.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 26 of 30 (1,086 Views)

Turtle hatching event not happening

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just found out about the existence of the turtle hatching event. I didn’t even know it was a feature since I’ve never gotten a popup about it. I saw it in a James Turner video today, that’s how I found out it exists.
What do you expect to see? The turtle hatching event.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know this has been a problem for quite some time. I hope to see it fixed! 

Message 27 of 30 (742 Views)

Re: Turtle hatching event not happening

★★★★★ Expert
Hi @NalaDarcy28 Did you clean Sulani? Mu'a Pelam needs to be THRIVING to trigger the turtle hatching event. 🐢
Message 28 of 30 (720 Views)

Re: Turtle hatching event not happening

★★★★★ Novice
@GiardiniDiMarzo I did in one of my saves… 🤔 Maybe I didn't wait long enough? Thanks 🙂
Message 29 of 30 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@simsplayer818 I’ve had an affected save file (created around 2022) with this bug, I haven’t played it in a while now but I will try this if I ever see the bug again! I avoided cleaning the island in my almost 7 year old main save after seeing the bug in the other save, so thank you. Standard smile

Message 30 of 30 (697 Views)