Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

by Hoskins_Origin

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I just hope it gets fixed soon as it has been put off every update. I did try the trick of going to the beach amd diving won't know anything till I play a full sim week. Two for good measure.

Message 31 of 121 (1,819 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Hoskins_Origin I've had to delete a sim with this silly phobia. Such a waste, got her through Uni, despite her being an undisguised alien and living in Brindleton was impossible. I didn't have Get Famous then, perhaps she would have been more comfortable! Maybe this could be a work around for some players. Move to Del Sol and buy a cheaper property if you're not famous. Just don't have it set as a celebrity home or you'll get the embarrassed moodlet. Just a thought. Though, if this is a "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway" maybe just let them go through it the hard way. Wink
Message 32 of 121 (1,777 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Hoskins_Origin I hope it works! Good luck! My Sim seems to be cured.
Message 33 of 121 (1,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@xochiquetzl_xkvnYay! So it's like thought a "feel the fear and do it anyway" kind of thing. I wish I'd known way back, when I first started playing, I'd have forced my kid to go swimming! LOL. Tough Love. Wink

Message 34 of 121 (1,728 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is this a bug? I currently play on PS4, I have one sim that is at Uni currently and constantly keeps getting the scared thalassophobia moodlet. Is the fix to this problem actually dragging them to sulani and making them go swimming? 😑 just another annoyance

Message 35 of 121 (1,691 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@wesnic87 I don't work for EA, but swimming did work for me for three Sims in two different saves.  Take them to the beach.  If you have autonomy on, they might decide to go swimming on their own.  I did nudge the worst one to relax in a floating lounger first, but going swimming does seem to reset the stuck buff.  Hair of the Dog!

(I lived with this problem with the Sim who had it the worst for months, and honestly, the problem was way worse than the cure.  She couldn't cook or bathe and just randomly hunched over shaking her hands and chanting "meebs meebs meebs meebs!" a lot, and canceled lots of actions because they were too scary.  I do understand Uni being stressful and not wanting to take the time, but... yeah.)

Because I don't work for EA, I have no idea whether this is intended "face your fears" behavior, or whether there's just a stuck buff from wading that gets removed by swimming, but.... it did work for me!

Message 36 of 121 (1,683 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 121 (1,673 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick I don't have any save files for when this was happening to me. Are you saying this is a bug, or is this part of the game? Thanks.
Message 38 of 121 (1,643 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@SimGuruNickNow I wish I'd saved a file for you! oh well.  Frown  I'll dig around and see if I can find an old version.

Message 39 of 121 (1,617 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

A heads up for anyone with this bug - moving to a dry place doesn't solve it. My legacy family has always lived in Oasis Springs, visited Sulani twice, and the daughter keeps getting this moodlet in the middle of the house in Oasis Springs. Ironically she has never gotten it in Sulani.

Message 40 of 121 (1,597 Views)