Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Scared moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Eco
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not exactly sure? Just play for awhile on a lot that is not near an ocean?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims have started frequently getting a Tense moodlet from Thalassophobia (fear of the ocean) when they are nowhere near an ocean. It’s been happening to them on their home lot in Willow Creek and is still occurring while they are on vacation in Granite Falls.
What do you expect to see? My sims to not get this moodlet at all, frankly, but particularly when they are nowhere near an ocean.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It seems to have started after the June update and the subsequent hot fixes.

In addition to getting the Thalassophobia Tense moodlet, my sims also periodically get the Angry moodlet from using their cell phone when off the grid when they aren’t off the grid. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 121 (23,509 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [IL] Scared moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the oc

Hero

Thalassophobia, or the fear of deep water, is real and some Sims were becoming tense even when not near the ocean. Now the moodlet should only apply if the Sim is swimming.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 121 of 121 (2,132 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims getting Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when they aren’t near the oc

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is one of my Sims in Granite Falls with the Tense moodlet from being near the ocean. 

Message 2 of 121 (23,375 Views)

Re: Sims getting Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when they aren’t near the oc

Hero
@KEW0701 The off-grid phone moodlet has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Cell-phone-gives-off-grid-related-moodlets-for-on/...

Just me too that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 121 (23,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I have 4 family members. They went on a beach for a few days ago in sim day and this boy was a toddler at that time. Since growing up to child, he randomly gets thalassophobia moodlet even at home lot. A weird point is ONLY he gets this moodelt randomly but other family members are all fine. Currently,my home is in Magnolia. His trait is Art Lover.

7.jpg

Message 4 of 121 (23,100 Views)

★ Pro

Did your Sim wade? There are two different reaction triggers, one for swimming one for wading. When wading, game adds the latter, but tries to remove the former when creating visible buff. Same as with sudden chill.

Name of stuck hidden buff: buff_OceanSwimming_BaseGame_ReactionTrigger_Thalassophobia_wade

Message 5 of 121 (23,064 Views)

★★ Pro
@kusurusu Yes I didn't know the wading leads to the phobia moodlet. Is there a way to remove this moodlet permanently? Thanks.
Message 6 of 121 (23,038 Views)

★ Apprentice

hey i have the same problem , but your cheat doesnt work :/

Message 7 of 121 (22,906 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

★★★★ Expert

I'm honestly not sure whether this is a bug or not; it might be oddly-named intended behavior. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I've only had it happen to one (young adult) Sim, but it happens consistently whenever she sees a fishbowl or aquarium after a fishing trip with her mom in Willow Creek.  I haven't taken her fishing since because I'm not a meanie.  Standard smile  She's a Creative Romantic Art-Lover, if that makes a difference; someone in the thread asked about traits. 
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Realm of Magic, Island Living, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Have a Sim who went fishing in Willow Creek walk by a fish bowl or aquarium?  She didn't have the moodlet while fishing, but as soon as she came home she started freaking out at the sight of fish/fish bowls/fish tanks.  
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim sees her pet goldfish in a tiny bowl or walks past her mother's aquarium and gets a Tense moodlet about how deep the ocean looks. 
What do you expect to see? I...think a goldfish bowl isn't very deep, myself, but I don't have an extreme phobia?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I didn't see it before the latest patch.

She had a budding romance with a merman with the Child of the Ocean trait and I ended up breaking it off because she can't date a mermaid if she freaks out at the sight of a fishbowl.  Frown

Message 8 of 121 (22,674 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

When my sim was a child, the family went to Sulani for a day. I traveled home, and realized his parents forgot him. I brought him back, and things seemed fine. After he aged into a teenager, he started getting the Thalassophobia moodlet every time he came near water. Even the pond in Oasis Springs sets him off. He can shower, but washing dishes is apparently terrifying, and he the moment he gets near the sink, he veers away again, like he said "nope". He's  young adult now and it's still happening. I've reset him a bunch of times, but it has no effect.

I do have mods, MCCC and basemental, a couple from Little Ms Sam. I don't think they have anything to do with this. 

Message 9 of 121 (22,611 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Okay, this has been going on a month and is SUPER ANNOYING.  I feel so bad for my poor Sim!  She lives in Riverside Roost in Willow Creek with her moms, so the lot is surrounded by water on two sides. Also, one of her moms has aquariums full of angelfish.  (I don't need to explain what angelfish are for, right?)

I gave her the Carefree trait so she'd stop being tense, but she still randomly hunches over, twitches her hands, and chants "Meebs meebs meebs meebs!" when she's nowhere near the ocean.  Sometimes she can't cook or do dishes.  Sometimes she can't sell a book she's written because she sees Willow Creek when she goes to the mailbox.  She'd be completely disabled if it weren't for Carefree.

She's never been to the ocean.

Guys, this is awful.  I found her a new fiance that isn't a merman Disappointed and I suppose they're going to have to hurry up and get married and move somewhere without water.  Maybe Oasis Springs.  :P

Message 10 of 121 (21,925 Views)