by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Scared Thalassophobia moodlet when nowhere near ocean

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, get together, cats and dogs, seasons, discover University, island living, Parenthood, strangerville, realm of magic, nifty knitting, laundry day, vintage glamour, tiny living, kids stuff, toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know as it's only occuring with one of my sims. Maybe find a sim who gets the scared emotion from Thalassophobia in sulani and then move them to a different lot and see if they still experience this moodlet often
What happens when the bug occurs? Out of the blue multiple times each sim day my sim experiences the scared moodlet from Thalassophobia whilst no where near the ocean (it began in Willow Creek and then I removed the pool from my lot and it didn't resolve, moved to windenburg and still didn't resolve) It is causing my sim to quite often scream at other household members and stop in the middle of tasks as she's too afraid to do anything
What do you expect to see? That my sim will only experience this moodlet when in sulani near the ocean.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent update which introduced bunk beds.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Removed Duplicate Template

Message 61 of 121 (1,336 Views)

Re: Scared Thalassophobia moodlet when nowhere near ocean

Hero (Retired)

@nfjta123 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Please share your save as requested here: Save Share Link 

Message 62 of 121 (1,322 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

★★ Novice

This is annoying! Finally downloaded that crap of a GP...I mean EP Eco Living, and now this...

Message 63 of 121 (1,279 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

★★★★★ Novice
@KEW0701 This happens to me too. My sim has no traits that would indicate her being fearful of the ocean. And in every world, once there’s water, she’s scared. I even saved up aspiration points to get the brave trait but that doesn’t even work.
Message 64 of 121 (1,203 Views)

Re: Sim scared from Thalassophobia while in home in another world

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @xochiquetzl_xkvn for sharing your workaround. I think it may have cured my sim. Until I read this thread I thought this was by design, because this particular sim never had the problem before his first trip to Sulani, and then it popped up every time he stepped outdoors in Brindleton Bay, where there is an ocean. I found it annoying but just thought I'd have to live with it. Then I read your posts and took them back to Sulani and made them swim and the moodlet hasn't appeared again for the entire vacation. Hopefully this will continue when they get home.

Message 65 of 121 (1,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Daephene1  YAY!!! My poor Sim Alice suffered with this for months (our time, not even Sim time) and hasn't had an "episode" since I took her for Hair of the Dog.  *crossed fingers*

Message 66 of 121 (1,151 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Worked! The family has been home for over 24 hours without a single random scared moodlet. I am so happy now!

Message 67 of 121 (1,109 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sim is in OASIS SPRINGS - LIKE DESERT.....hello? No ocean.....

Message 68 of 121 (1,045 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica It maybe has Fata Morgana's there though :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 121 (1,043 Views)

Thalassophobia despite not being near an ocean

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? it's up to date I check every time I play
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except the bust the dust kit and journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game and don't be near an ocean.
What happens when the bug occurs? sim gets thalassophobia frequently despite not being near an ocean. she lives in evergreen harbor
What do you expect to see? the sims to not have the moodlet when they aren't near an ocean. I am not even sure why she is scared of the ocean.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have 5 sims currently in my household. 2 children, a toddler, and their parents. the mother has been getting thalassophobia since she lived in her apartment in san myshuno. they moved to a new house in evergreen harbor and she still gets the moodlet. they outgrew that one and moved to a new home and she is still getting the moodlet. she's not even near an ocean. she got engaged to her husband on the beach in sulani and never got the moodlet. she's also the only one in the household who gets the moodlet. she swam in the river in my komorebi with her husband on they honeymoon. I think it's classified as a river but if it isn't then she was then too. she becomes scared - not tense. so she runs around freaking out and hiding in her bed preventing her from doing things she needs to do. 

Message 70 of 121 (928 Views)