Re: Sim scared from Thalassophobia while in home in another world

by midtwilightblue

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

★ Apprentice

Instead of getting Tense, my sim gets Scared. I noticed it's every time there is a puddle on the lot or the sim is near it.

Message 51 of 121 (1,543 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, the cheat code is not a permanent fix.  You have to do it every time the moodlet pops up, ugh. 

Swimming is the only thing that works for me.

Message 52 of 121 (1,543 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

★★★★ Expert

The moodlet changed from Tense to Scared with the patch to support Paranormal Stuff.

Message 53 of 121 (1,541 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

★★★★★ Guide

If only I'd known this cheat when my poor alien genius got through uni and I had to delete her.  Worked hard with her, because she was and undisguised Alien and nobody liked her much, but she walked Uni.  I had her in my gallery and it all disappeared!  Lots lots of family members that I didn't have room for in my game, but hoped to play them later.  Anyway, I'm straying from the point...  The Thelassophobia is waaaay over the top.  It's not realistic at all.  They shouldn't be scared of water per se, just deep water.

Message 54 of 121 (1,521 Views)

Excess Fear (Thalassophobia)

★★★ Novice

My sim seems to have thalassophobia, which is fine, but I’m having an issue where he’s constantly in fear. He doesn’t live near water and he randomly becomes scared. 

Thanks Standard smile 

Message 55 of 121 (1,512 Views)

Re: Excess Fear (Thalassophobia)

Hero (Retired)

@savmoney666 I moved your post to the bug report for this issue. If you are on PC or PS4/5 please share your save as requested here: Share Saving Post 

Message 56 of 121 (1,490 Views)

Sim scared from Thalassophobia while in home in another world

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? EP10:26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Random
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has the Scared / Thalassophobia moodlet while inside their home in Newcrest. Also oddly, was in Sulani on vacay plus is a Conservationist and had no no conflicting moodlet before.
What do you expect to see? Sims to not fear open/deep water in their home, away from the ocean
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a photo but can’t provide from my phone as I play on console but you get the idea 

Message 57 of 121 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@midtwilightblueIf you want to be a data point for what seems to work for me, send your Sim with Thalassophobia to the beach and have them swim in the ocean.

There's a stuck "wading" buff that fires randomly, and as near as I can tell swimming correctly removes it.

Message 58 of 121 (1,418 Views)

★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Hmmm, very interesting! I shall try! I sent him and his wife to the beach after their wedding for an “imaginary” honeymoon 🤦🏻‍♀️ No issues then, only after the update it seems that’s appeared for him 🤷🏻‍♀️ *weird*
Message 59 of 121 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@midtwilightblue My poor Sim had it for months after fishing with her Mom behind the Willow Creek library (which, I would like to point out, is not the ocean... but is apparently wading).  She would freak out at the sink, tiny fishbowls, etc.

I've "cured" three different Sims with a swim in the ocean.  Cure discovered entirely by accident: "You don't have to swim, you can watch the toddler... why are you out by the diving buoy if you're afraid of the ocean?"

Good luck!

Message 60 of 121 (1,356 Views)