Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@mythicgeek Thanks for the info.  At least I'll know if anymore kids get that phobia.  Seems weird they would still have it in the desert!  I do seem to remember my sim (now deleted) went swimming in Sulani and rode on the outrigger.  Weird!

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can

Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims Sim-ple.

Simandsimandsim

Message 41 of 121 (1,683 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@mythicgeekYeah, my Sim got Thalassophobia fishing behind the Willow Creek library and it fired continuously in Willow Creek.  I considered moving to Oasis Springs but didn't think it would fix it, since she was reacting to tiny fishbowls, the kitchen sink, etc.  When I was playing other households she would visit as an NPC and do the hunching over and shaking hands animation with a thought bubble of water when there was no water to be seen anywhere. 

Message 42 of 121 (1,670 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Oh, yeah! That thought bubble! I'd forgotten about that as this happened to me many sims years ago! I kept noticing her when she aged up gasping and frowning... Wherever we travelled she was in fear. I felt so sorry for her as I couldn't think what to do, so I uploaded her to my library and deleted her so spare her. And guess what? I lost all my library items with a reinstall, due to a tech issue! *sobs*
Message 43 of 121 (1,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

As of two days ago I've been having this problem. It's happening with my Sim's child daughter every day now (I think).

Like my Sims were hiking on Mt. Komorebi the first time it happened to me (the trail near the slopes) and now she's getting thalassophobia wherever she goes! And she gets it almost every day. 

Like even when visiting the city (like they are now) she's getting the moodlet! 

EDIT: I read one of the posts on here to take them swimming in the ocean so I'll do that and see if she never gets it again.

Message 44 of 121 (1,612 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

★ Guide

Hi, digging this just to point out the issue is still not solved (I thought it might be with the latest updates). Anyway, I also have that one family I once sent to Sulani for some summer vacations and indeed, ever since the mom always gets the "thalassophobia" moodlet, even though they live in San Myshuno near the river but they can't even take a dip on this so I don't see how she can get tensed or mostly afraid of the water now, because of this. I went through the thread and a lot of people said it refrains their Sims to use the sink and now that I think about it, it's true, she gets the moodlet only when she gets near it but she also randomly gets it. And mind you, she's a chief cooker, she needs the sink. Apparently, the wade action could be causing this from what I read but I don't know... So I might try to take her back to the ocean and have her swim in it and see if that bug still occurs afterward. I'll keep you updated when I have some time to test it. 

Message 45 of 121 (1,531 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

★★★★★ Novice

Hello there. This is the first time that I post on this forum.

I have to say that the most annoying buff in the game is the thalassophobia one (by the way, I am Greek and ironically enough the word is almost completely like "taken out" from my own language. However, I kind of hate it because it really screws up my gameplay...)

I think that I have finally found the "thalassophobia" solution, so why not sharing it. Also, note that I play on a PC.

If you have this issue, use one of the 2 options;

1. Complete the conservationist career in island living in order to reward your Sim with "The Master of The Sea" Trait

OR

2. Use MCC Command center or any other mod which adds/removes your traits in a custom way (that's how I did it, yes I am cheater, but life is too short...) and reward your Sim with "The Master of The Sea" Trait.

I believe that nothing else works because I have tried everything, just as they were mentioned on the previous posts of all the other respectful gamers.

Standard smile Happy Gaming!

P.S. Transforming your Sim into a Mermaid also does the trick, but I'd rather be a Spell caster or a Vampire who lives on the island of Sulani...sorry... I am a thick-skinned Vampire and yet it bugs me sometimes that I am not able to sunbathe...such a shame... Frown

Message 46 of 121 (1,513 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GednaaOH NO!!!!!!!  I'm sorry!

Message 47 of 121 (1,510 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn If you mean that you didn't know and that's why you are sorry, then that's ok. No worries!

It took me a year and a half to figure out how to solve this issue. So, actually I am sorry too because I wish I could offer my help sooner.

I play the sims ever since I was on my 20s (college years), and I am 39...
Ironically enough I purchased the Sims 4, four years ago, and I have started playing - like I said before - a year and a half.

I am very glad to share some kind of game experience with the Sims 4 community Standard smile
Message 48 of 121 (1,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@eviartoul 

Oh, no, I was replying to @Gednaa and was sad about her lost Sim.

I found a fix, too, and that's to... send them swimming in the ocean.  Which seems counter-intuitive and I discovered it by accident.  I suffered with this for months as well.  Poor Alice!  I bought her Carefree from the reward store, had her mothers clean up after her when she couldn't cook because the sink is scary, etc.,

Things that triggered Alice included:  the sight of a goldfish in a tiny fishbowl, the sink, the bathtub, a cauldron full of any potion, the sight of Willow Creek (she lives in Riverside Roost with her Moms), aquariums...

I installed Twisted Mexi's All Cheats to remove the buff whenever it popped up (text saved in a text file for easier copying and pasting), then installed MC Command Center and used THAT to delete the stupid stuck buff whenever it popped up. 

But in another save I really wanted to work on toddler skills, so despite another Sim having Thalassophobia I took the whole family to Sulani while the conservationist did his thing so they could do flash cards on the beach, and the Sim with Thalassophobia... autonomously went swimming and was cured. 

The stuck buff was the wading buff;  apparently swimming removes it?  This is the cheat code (requires Twisted Mexi's All Cheats but is a temporary fix; it comes back and you have to remove it again and again):

Sims.remove_buff buff_OceanSwimming_BaseGame_ReactionTrigger_Thalassophobia_wade

Message 49 of 121 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Yes, I realized it after I posted my reply which was too late for me to take it back Standard smile

I have tried this cheat code, but unfortunately it did not work for me. I have also tried the swimming in the ocean and so on...but nothing did the trick Frown

Thank you for sharing your solution though.

However, the only thing that worked for me was the "Master of The Sea" trait (conservationist career completion).

Happy gaming!
Message 50 of 121 (1,458 Views)