[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Human vs Mermaid face different when growing up

by mengzhu123

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Teen mermaid form not the same even when linked or copied

★★ Apprentice

Not fixed in the newest patch either 😥

But the stairs are nice!

Message 11 of 43 (1,816 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Teen mermaid form not the same even when linked or copied

★★★★ Pro

I let my teenage Sim eat Kelp today and sent him into the ocean. After the transformation he had to tail at all, his lower half was invisible. I had to go to CAS via Manage World to create a tail. Does this also belong to this bug?

Message 12 of 43 (1,801 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Looks like it's a different bug. This thread is about teens becoming unreasonably skinny when copying their appearance from sim to mersim and vice versa. But I guess they're both about losing weight?

Message 13 of 43 (1,792 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Yeah, sounds different to me. Best make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 43 (1,778 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I will test this, but I can also confirm that teen mermaids get skinny in CAS.

Message 15 of 43 (1,763 Views)
Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Human vs Mermaid face different when growing up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Both
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mermaid couples have children, and then let the children become teenagers on their birthday
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaid Offspring Human Appearance and mermaid appearance is not consistent
What do you expect to see? I want the mermaid offspring to look the same as the mermaid
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has been a problem with previous updates as well as current updates

Human appearance.pngMermaid appearance.pngThe first is a human face, and the second is a mermaid face

Message 16 of 43 (1,841 Views)

Re: Mermaid offspring grow up, human appearance and Mermaid appearance is not th

★★★★ Guide

Have you linked them in CAS? There’s a little thing that looks like a chain near their pictures. If you click that and click it again, I think it should solve your problem? It should look like the chain is joined instead of broken for the human and mermaid appearance to be the same.

If you’ve already tried this, sorry for thinking maybe you hadn’t!

Message 17 of 43 (1,824 Views)

Re: Mermaid offspring grow up, human appearance and Mermaid appearance is not th

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rae_Regenbogen That shouldn't affect how their face looks when growing up ? 

I know you can change the face this way separately but if it's affecting the Sim on growing up, I'd say it's an issue.

I do agree that you can copy the face from one form to the other this way but I still think it shouldn't be this way. It's linked by default, right ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 43 (1,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am sure that the link is closed and not broken, because entering the CAS interface, the link is closed by default, so I want to solve this problem quickly, because my friends and their mermaids are human. They don't look like mermaids.

Actually, copy-paste... ..... There's been some trouble. ..... One Child Human Appearance and Mermaid appearance is not the same that can solve a problem, if there are nearly a dozen children ....... Wouldn't that be exhausting .... So I hope to fix this problem soon. 

AAAAAAAH! ... What do we do? When the MERMAIDS in my community grow up, they don't look the same ...... ... None of them are consistent... .... ...! I wish I could fix this BUG ~ ! Oh, and I also found a new problem, which is that when mermaids wear makeup, the two faces are not in sync

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 19 of 43 (1,785 Views)

When the offspring of mermaids grow up, the human appearance and the Merman appe

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: 模拟人生4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1520
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Both
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To let the MERMEN's offspring grow up
What happens when the bug occurs? When the mermaids'offspring grow up, they'll realize that human beings and mermaids look completely different
What do you expect to see? That when their offspring grow up, they'll discover that they look exactly like mermaids
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been a problem ever since we updated that portfolio

2020-2-13_11-08-16.png2020-2-13_11-08-21.png锁链.jpg

The first one is a human face

The second one is a mermaid

The third one is related function

The interlock function is turned off by default when you enter the CAS interface, but for Mermaid Offspring, the human appearance is not the same as the mermaid appearance. Is The problem a BUG?

Message 20 of 43 (1,704 Views)