[FIXED] [IL] Scared moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

by KEW0701

Original Post

Thalassophobia (scared) when not near ocean on home lot

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC except Journey to Batu, and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a child at 3 Olde Mill Lane
What happens when the bug occurs? Child gets the Thalassophobia scared moodlet while on lot, she gets it “from being near the ocean” even though she is just at her house
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this moddlet occasionally when near the ocean, and not see it when bear ponds or rivers
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch (game fully updated and repaired)

Only one of my children is experiencing this moodlet but it seems like she always has it, I really like the randomness of this but it doesn’t make sense to have it on my home lot (unless maybe I lived in Sulani)

Message 81 of 121 (1,246 Views)

Re: Thalassophobia (scared) when not near ocean on home lot

Hero
@jossieaa I merged your post with the main thread on the issue.

Could you send your save game to EA as per this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-IL-Scared-moodlets-from-Thalassophobia-when-not-ne...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 121 (1,225 Views)

EA Staff

Reposting the save request for better visibility:

Hello

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 83 of 121 (1,198 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Scared moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the oce

★ Guide

I am also having this issue. It is snowing at the police station and somehow this is making my sim afraid of the ocean. 

Message 84 of 121 (1,177 Views)

Thalassophobia

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Island Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Vampires, Dream Home Decorator, Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, City Living, Dine Out, Spa Day, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Kids Room, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Literally anywhere you go it can trigger for some reason
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my sim walk and randomly she gets the scared moodlet for being near an ocean even though there is no ocean anywhere.
What do you expect to see? I expect that she doesn’t freak out constantly for no reason.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch from July 27 made it start.

I downloaded Island Living a few days ago. It was totally fine and my sim was fine. I had her wade and swim in the water and she was fine. Her job is the doctor career from Get to Work. She would go there and everything would be fine. After the latest patch, she suddenly had thalassophobia when she would go to work in certain parts of the lot even though there was no ocean. Recently she also had it at her apartment. She also experienced it at the Lounge in San Myshuno. This is extremely annoying and ridiculous and I want to remove it. I removed all my mods and it still happens.

Message 85 of 121 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimGuruRitzyI have the same issue with one of my sims (the other 4 in the household are fine) when on the home lot 3 Old Mill Lane in Henford on Bagley. I haven't encountered it on other lots but most of the sims time is spent at home. It might be linked to the swimmable section of river near this lot, but I don't think it should really apply on a separate lot. I'm sending a save file now.

Message 86 of 121 (1,098 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Scared moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the oce

★ Pro

No ocean near by

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 12.10.59 PM.jpg

Message 87 of 121 (1,082 Views)

Re: Sims getting Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when they aren’t near the oc

★★ Novice

I have a Sim living in an apartment and scared thalassophobia seems to trigger after she takes a bath or shower too. Frown

Message 88 of 121 (1,014 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Thanks this is good to know! I'll try taking my Sims to Sulani.
Message 89 of 121 (1,014 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@SimGuruRitzyI "cured" all my Sims, but I'll see if I can get my vanilla save Sim to develop Thalassophobia for testing purposes.  I think I know how it triggered before.  (Going fishing at a fishing spot that requires wading.)

Message 90 of 121 (985 Views)