[FIXED] [IL] Scared moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

by KEW0701

Original Post

Re: Thalassophobia (scared) when not near ocean on home lot

★★★★★ Guide

My sim who's been fine all his life got the thalassophobia moodlet after he woohooed in the waterall in Sulani!  lol. Seems fine again now! Weird!

Message 91 of 121 (1,474 Views)

Re: Thalassophobia (scared) when not near ocean on home lot

★★★★ Expert

Okay, so, I tried and tried and tried to get this moodlet to fire in my vanilla, no-mods-have-ever-touched-this-save game, and I've been thinking about it and I think I know why. 

1. First case:  Sending my Sim fishing with her mom at a location that requires wading.

2. Second and third case:  Sending the whole family to Sulani to work with toddlers/hang out with the kids while the Conservationist does his thing.

My attempts to recreate this in the vanilla save:

1. Send a single Sim to Sulani and have them wade a lot. Nada.

2. Decide that the first Sim isn't getting Thalassophobia because she Loves the Outdoors and create a new Sim with the same traits as case #1, move her to Sulani, and have her do things like eat breakfast standing in the ocean.  Wink  Nope.

I think the multiple Sims going might be important.  More so, I think that sending multiple Sims and being focused on what the other Sim is doing while they do their own thing and then traveling when the other Sim needs to leave without looking at the other Sims.  I sent my first case fishing with her Mom in Willow Creek and we left abruptly when it was almost time for Mom to go to work.  My second and third cases would go home when the conservationist finished doing his thing. 

I'll create a family of four and move them into some other world and send them to Sulani together and see what happens.

Message 92 of 121 (1,445 Views)

Child sims get scared moodlet for thalassophobia when not near water

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start playing with a child sim in your household and after a while it turns up.
What happens when the bug occurs? My child sims get the scared moodlet for thalassophobia when they are nowhere near water.
What do you expect to see? Them not getting the moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening with Cottage Living

My child sims get the scared moodlet for thalassophobia when they are nowhere near water (they dont have a pool either). It only happens to my child sims, not the adults. I am currently playing in Henford-on-bagley and I´m not sure the bug appears in any other world. 

Message 93 of 121 (1,468 Views)

Re: Child sims get scared moodlet for thalassophobia when not near water

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@goophiesim

In my case, I had this issue with only toddlers. My family lived in San Myshuno, the toddlers were fine without any issue until visiting Sulani. They visited Sulani with parents but the parents are fine. After that, the twin toddlers grew up to children, still had the issue, then grew up to teens and still had the issue, then grew up to young adult, and they still had that moodlet. After that, I gave up that family and I don’t visit Sulani with children any more.

@goophiesim 

I like your test about what causes this issue.

Message 94 of 121 (1,372 Views)

★ Novice
@goophiesim Same, except mines on an adult 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have no idea why it's happening. Annoying she is constantly scared, and most if her life was fine, it started out of no where.
Message 95 of 121 (1,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Its happened to me as well. I notice the Thalassophobia moodlet appeared while I made my sims walk into a knee high inside pool/bath house, that I have created with the platform and pond tool. Really neat! But then my sims get the thalassophobia moodlet that does not make sense at all. ALso, since when do we have that moodlet? Was it introduce with Island Living? Never seen it before it happened and what decide it? or which sims are affected by that because it happened with Judith Ward, and she does not have a fear of ocean, how can we see if a sims fear ocean? There are no trait that would suggest that?

Message 96 of 121 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My sim developed the thalassaphobia moodlet while being at work in the science career (so while being in the middle of the desert). He keeps getting the scared mood. He hasn’t been in Sulani or in a pool for a long time, so there’s no connection with water activities.

Message 97 of 121 (1,129 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

★ Apprentice

I've never had an issue with this bug until this latest save. It seems not only my sim (who has been to Sulani once and it seems she got there) but also sims around her have developed the fear. Everyone is screaming at each other and I see thought bubbles on fish. I really hope this helps and that i uploaded this right!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap3yOMhTePfUgS2m6kYb3KC__wOH?e=5tM4Iq

Message 98 of 121 (1,077 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

★★★★★ Guide

I've had this happen in Sulani, University (Britechester in a bought home), Brindleton, San Myshuno... just seems a random moodlet that appears every now and again, but very annoying as they can't go near any water! even a bridge over the river!  :/. Vanilla or with mods, it's the same for me all the time.  Then suddenly, the sim is back to normal again!  

Message 99 of 121 (1,054 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Scared moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the oce

★★★★★ Newbie
@KEW0701 This happens in San myshuno city living world. While they are in skyscrapers. I would understand a fear of height but fear of ocean is annoying and doesn't make sense at the time.
Message 100 of 121 (1,022 Views)