Re: [OPEN] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean

by sunddee4

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

My sim also recently developed Thalassophobia while on vacation at Salvadorada.
He now gets the negative moonlet all the time including at his home in Brichester.
A few days prior to going to Salvadorada he had waded in the river in Brichester with his toddler but the phobia did not appear until he was in Salvadorada, after or around the time I sent him fishing for the first time. I mention this part as I read by some that wading or fishing can cause it too?
I don’t mind if he has this phobia but I do mind that he gets it all the time. He has the loaner trait so already gets tense from that if he’s around people, but now he can’t even relax at home Frown

Message 11 of 121 (3,240 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem and I'm on PC. My sim is just living her life in her apartment in the spice district and she gets this tense moodlet all the time.  I don't know if it is related to water activities like washing her hands...I have to check to see if those things trigger it. Or maybe it's because the spice district is near the dock/water? It has been like 1.5 sim weeks since she has been to Sulani and swam in the ocean so this is getting kind of annoying :/

Message 12 of 121 (3,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I made my Sim a spellcaster and she sometimes refuses scoop her potions out of the cauldron because it's Scary.  At first I thought it was just the dark blue ones, but the bright purple ones scare her (not every time, but sometimes), too. 

Things that seem to trigger her, although not every time:

• Fish
  • Fish tanks
  • the sink
  • Cauldrons full of potions
  • the sight of Willow Creek in the distance

Thing that might have triggered her:

• She just refused to eat blackened bass, but I don't know if that was because it's fish or because she saw an aquarium 15 feet away.

I haven't attempted to make her take a bath (showers only), go fishing, sit in a hot tub, or go swimming because I'm not a meanie.

<old mIRC joke>Whomever came up with this code should be slapped about the head with a large trout!</old mIRC joke>

Message 13 of 121 (3,184 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i just noticed this too. i was playing one of my families in salani. things were fine last time i played but lately 2 of my sims kept getting the moodlet when they were at home in their house. they werent even in the water at all. now it seemed to stop for the 2 sims it started with. but i moved the sister to the city and she has it now in her apartment. so i dont know whats going on. sometimes she will stop what shes doing to gasp and freak out about the ocean when shes not near it.

Message 14 of 121 (3,164 Views)

★★★★ Expert

So, I threw up my hands and downloaded TwistedMexi's All Cheats.

Attampting to remove the buff either gives me a success message (YAY!) or says she doesn't have it, but something in Willow Creek made it fire again.  I removed the buff again and got another success message followed by another "she doesn't have this buff."  So I've removed it maybe three times with a success message?  Hopefully it'll stick?  If not I guess I'll paste the code in yet again.

Riverside Roost in Willow Creek is not the ocean.  This buff shouldn't be firing.  (I think she got it fishing with her Mom behind the Willow Creek public library, which is also Not The Ocean.)

Message 15 of 121 (3,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

How is this still an issue since it started in June and still happening? I never once had it happen till today after I bought snowy escape. I notice it started when I went on vacation to Batuu. Now I have yet leave Batuu to see what happens but I did repair the game and have 0 mods. 

Message 16 of 121 (2,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So I did leave Batuu and it still was happening. Whats funny is my sim swam in a pool and everything was fine it was after they sat down to eat a sim hr later. I gave them the carefree trait for now, but I never been a fan of those traits since its an actual emotion people face. I also notice while 3 sec equal a sim minute the timer for this buff is 1 second equal a minute. Its not all the time but it does happen. Hopefully this is fixed in the next patch since it was reported in July so this is 4 months later. I should also say it didn't fix the random stopping and actions when tense with that buff. 

Message 17 of 121 (2,927 Views)

Re: Sims getting Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when they aren’t near the oc

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi! Is there any update or progress on this issue? I reported it back in July (under username KEW0701) and it's still happening in my game, as well as to other players, yet doesn't seem to be a priority to get fixed. Wasn't addressed in any of the subsequent updates......

Message 18 of 121 (2,883 Views)

Re: Sims getting Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when they aren’t near the oc

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Nothing I am aware of and it looks like the issue is growing. Play long enough and its bound to happen. Hopefully theres a December patch and they fix it. I don't see how they can constantly look over this issue. Personally if they can't fix it yet they should at least remove the buff untill they have time to fix it. 

Message 19 of 121 (2,850 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm also having this issue on PC. My sim seems to be triggered by the bathtub. He's living in Windenburg, on the mainland by the estate, not really even close to the river there. 

Message 20 of 121 (2,831 Views)