Original Post

Re: Thalassophobia despite not being near an ocean

Hero
@TheSpaark Merged your post with the master thread

Could you send your save to QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 121 (1,193 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

★★★ Novice
@KEW0701 My sim lives in Willow Creek but got a bio degree to be a marine biologist. She's not getting it while in Sulani, just after she's back in Willow Creek.
Message 72 of 121 (1,174 Views)

★ Guide

yes im uploading now

Message 73 of 121 (1,144 Views)

★ Guide
Message 74 of 121 (1,134 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocea

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've encountered this issue too. Sims getting the Thalassophobia moodlet without being near the ocean. On top of that I have a Sim with the Child of the Ocean trait who just moved to Sulani (and is married to a merman) who gets Thalassophobia. This isn't helpful at all. At the very least the Child of the Ocean trait should prevent this moodlet from happening. Luckily I don't plan to play this Sim a lot (its a sibling in a Legacy Family, but I wonder what happens if I want to play a Sim in Sulani and they're constantly getting this moodlet as well. This would be incredibly inconvenient. Especially since the only way to get rid of it seems to be the "remove all buffs" feature from MCC. The remove buffs cheat via console doesn't work for me.

I should maybe add that the above mentioned Sim doesn't show any scared reactions while under this moodlet.

Message 75 of 121 (1,096 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @TheSpaark 

We are not able to access the link, could you please update the access permission and feel free to send me the link via private message.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 76 of 121 (1,075 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My sim with the BRAVE trait gets this all the time on ANY lot near water even when the water isn't swimmable. She started getting it recently when she still lived in Brindleton Bay, which admittedly is on the ocean, but it's not swimmable. When she moved to Glimmerbrook she lived on the lot near the portal and gets it constantly. It's kinda annoying because I specifically gave her the brave trait so she wouldn't keep getting scared by thunderstorms but now she's terrified of water. 

Message 77 of 121 (1,033 Views)

Myshuno Fear of Ocean

★ Guide

I'm sure I won't spell this right but my couple that lives in the house in the spice district both suffer Thessalophobia, a fear of the ocean.  They get it very often and scream at each other and run through the street scaring others with incoherent screaming

I thought it was that lot but now I'm getting some more sims in Myshuno at the Spire lot who have it as well as the one next to it by Sky Fitness. No ocean for miles. 

Can't explain why my Myshuno sims are freaking out about the depths of the ocean

Message 78 of 121 (1,038 Views)

Re: Myshuno Fear of Ocean

Champion

There is a bug report for this issue @wahini2024! You might want to check this thread. [NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Tense moodlets from Thalassophobia when not near the ocean - Answer HQ When this bug also affects your Sims, then pleas click "me too'. 

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 79 of 121 (1,010 Views)

Re: Myshuno Fear of Ocean

Hero
@wahini2024 merged your post with the bug report. Please send your save to EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 121 (997 Views)