[FIXED] [IL] Routing Issues on Mua Pel'am (volcanic rocks, trash piles)

by Lumenatra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Routing Issues on Mua Pel'am (volcanic rocks, trash piles)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? BASE 1.52.100.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Get To to Work, Seasons, Vampires, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Sim (possibly a mermaid?) and move them into the Mua Pel'am starter home with volcanic activity.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every so often, well over 50% of the time, my sim has routing issues when trying to break open rocks from the volcano, or simply cleaning up trash all around Mua Pel'am. It only seems to be those things that cause issues, she doesn't have routing issues with anything else and sometimes it fixes itself for a short while before causing the same problem.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to break open the rocks that fall from the volcano on my lot and be able to clean up the island of Mua Pel'am to help it flourish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I only ever noticed this glitch in Mua Pel'am after downloading Island Living of course, so I can't speak for certain if it's a common glitch with other things. And of course once I tried to replicate the issue to take a screenshot, it has fixed itself for the moment. Will update this with a screenshot when I can.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (5,084 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Routing Issues on Mua Pel'am (volcanic rocks, trash piles)

Hero

Fixed an issue in which all non-decorative rocks disappeared after traveling from different Lots. Was it the work of impostor rocks? Igneous looks especially shifty. Sus.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (4,570 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Routing Issues on Mua Pel'am (volcanic rocks, trash pil

Hero
@Lumenatra Did you test this without mods/cc as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (4,988 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Routing Issues on Mua Pel'am (volcanic rocks, trash pil

★★★★ Novice

I did. The only mod/CC I have is MCCC and I downloaded that after I started having issues.

Message 3 of 20 (4,978 Views)

Hero
@Lumenatra OK. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (4,968 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Routing Issues on Mua Pel'am (volcanic rocks, trash piles

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (4,924 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Routing Issues on Mua Pel'am (volcanic rocks, trash piles

★★★ Novice
@crinrictLumenatra Yes I was playing today and 4 rocks landed on my lot all at once. I could break 1 but not the other 3, my sim wouldn't do it, as if they couldn't get to it. I even tried moving the rocks in build/buy mode but that didnt work and I even tried using the reset cheat still not worked, now I hav 3 rocks I cant get rid of. And I dont know if this is the other thing you was talking about but sometimes my sim couldn't clean up the volcanic liquid spill in the small spot on the bottom left before going up the hill to the lot, my sim would use a fire extinguisher to "put it out" but it didnt disappear. I used the shift click reset cheat on them and after that they did the action again to put it out and it disappeared
Message 6 of 20 (4,907 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem, complicated temporary solution. After a lot of trial and error I found out what the problem is: it's related to the terrain bug.

Those lava stones have to land on even LOT(!!!) level ground, that means that they will always bug when you use any floor elevation at all. And if you like me safed the lot with the vulcanic stones in the library...doubly bad because they will impact anew as soon as you replace the lot!

Storytime: I am working on a build on the observatory lot and it's a pain all way around - the floor paint looks funky and unnatural and I had to pay close attentio to create even spaces to later place plants so it would not be too obvious. Long story short, I got to know my lot and where all the 2x2 open and level spaces are - which is where the lavastones landed. I couldn't remove them at all, not with debug, not by leveling the lot tutto completo - they remember their original landing points, it seems!

How I got rid of them:

1)Safed my lot on my library,

2)purified my lot (bulldoze until only a plain is left),

3put the lot back and NOT switch to play (otherwise the lava will be back within seconds anew)

4)Bulldoze only the elevation,

5)wait for the impact and cooling down, 

6) now my Sim could harvest the stones

7) removed the volcanic trait!!!!! To avoid future eruptions

8) Safed my game

10)..... redo the landscaping *sigh*. 

11) resafe my lot on my library.

12: NEVER USE THAT LOT TRAIT AGAIN

I hope that helps^^

And I hope they'll fix the floor elevation bug soon. It is multiplying like Mother.

Message 7 of 20 (4,838 Views)

★ Guide

My sim got a power to summon these freaking lava rocks..... Can't crack them open, but at least I can get rid of them, however since I play with free will on he summons them pretty often and they're causing fires :/ 

Message 8 of 20 (4,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am using the og lots, and still cant, I dont know if there is elevation there, but it did work when I first started to play island living, it is strange that it has now stopped working.

(Post edited by CM)

Message 9 of 20 (4,789 Views)

★ Novice

I've only had IL for a couple of days and just turned one sim into a mermaid. Now I find she can't clean up the lava puddle in front of the rainbow pool. My other non-mermaid sim can do it just fine though. (I haven't tested w/o MCCC yet as I just discovered the issue.)

Message 10 of 20 (4,657 Views)