[FIXED] [IL] Mermaids have no tail/no hydration bar (missing trait)

by HeroicJay

Original Post

Re: Randomly-generated mermaids have incorrect trait

Hero
@HeroicJay I've only found one NPCs so far (I do hope she is one :D) and she does seem to have the trait missing.

So guess make this: Random NPCs don't get the hidden mermaid trait correctly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 66 (1,963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

One more thing as a follow-up to the picture: I moved Iosefina out and had my main Sim get her to admit being a mermaid. She now has trait_OccultMermaid_Discovered. And now she does transform in the water... but she still has Hygiene.

Message 12 of 66 (1,953 Views)

Hero
@HeroicJay I guess you would need to cheat-add the trait

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 66 (1,947 Views)

Re: Randomly-generated mermaids missing key trait

★★★★★ Apprentice

Cheating to add the TYAE trait did, in fact, fix the remaining issues.

Message 14 of 66 (1,940 Views)

Re: Randomly-generated mermaids missing key trait

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 66 (1,902 Views)

Mermaids not having their tail visable when swimming

★★★ Novice

I noticed a townie mermaid sim swimming around with legs after the most recent update. I removed all my mods, and this was still an issue for all mermaids. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Message 16 of 66 (1,912 Views)

Re: Mermaids not having their tail visable when swimming

Hero
@Annabee95 This issue is probably related to a bug that occurs for townies. They're missing a trait they need to be 'proper' mermaids.

I merged your post with the existing bug thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 66 (1,871 Views)

NPC Mermaids Have No Tails in Water

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet, Fitness, Bowling, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a family with no mermaids and go to a lot with ocean water with NPC mermaids, and watch them swim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaids go in the ocean and never turn into a full mermaid, as in tails never appear and they swim like a normal human sim.
What do you expect to see? Mermaids with tails in water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When Island Living was installed grating access to mermaids and oceans.

When NPC mermaids are in the water, they do not change into their mermaid forms with their tails as if they were human sims. This happens with and without ALL of my mods and custom content. I have repaired through origin as well without mods/cc. 

Message 18 of 66 (1,905 Views)

Re: NPC Mermaids Have No Tails in Water

Hero
@linelink69 Does your Sim know they're mermaids ? They will only use that form if they have been discovered.

There is however a bug with a trait not being added properly so I merged your post with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 66 (1,843 Views)

Re: NPC Mermaids Have No Tails in Water

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I thought also that this is a bug. Till yesterday. Yesterday, my sim became the best friend of one young lady and she admits to him that she is a mermaid. This caused that suddenly I could see all the mermaids in the game. It looks like you can not see them until one of them admits to your sim that she is a mermaid. It's like a trigger that starts something in the game.

But of course, it just explains why the player can't see them in the game, it has nothing to do with broken Hygiene what is still a bug.

Message 20 of 66 (1,831 Views)