Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [IL] (Former) Mermaid Sims don’t get royalties

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ep02.92
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? license or publish any song, book, or nature documentary as a mermaid
What happens when the bug occurs? Royalty payments are never received
What do you expect to see? Royalty payments
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

My mermaid Sims are not receiving royalty payments of any kind. I have a mermaid family, two are conservationists, one is a writer, and another is a musician. They are able to publish and license their work, however none of them receive royalty payments for licensed or published materials including songs, books, and nature documentaries. This makes it impossible to achieve certain aspirations like Musical Genius, and Bestselling Author. It also means they’re always $500 in the hole when they have to shoot nature docs for work. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Message 2 of 44 (4,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Literary Digest entries disappear

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

We've had trouble reproducing this, could anyone possibly share a save file? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 25 of 44 (4,144 Views)

All Replies

[XB1] Not receiving royalty payments for books and nature documentaries

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write and publish a book, and/or shoot and license a nature documentary
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim does not receive royalty payments for published books or licensed nature docs
What do you expect to see? Royalty payments
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim currently lives on a lot that used to be Off the Grid. The lot is not off the grid anymore though. 

Message 1 of 44 (3,922 Views)

Re: [XB1] [IL] Mermaid Sims don’t get royalties

Hero
@DapperGeek88 I tested this on PC with a song and had no issues receiving payments. Might be an XBox issue although there's also this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB1-Not-receiving-royalty-payments-for-books-and-nature/td-p/8...

It's unclear if that was also for a mermaid.

Did you test if normal Sims receive them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 44 (4,089 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven’t noticed this problem with non-mermaid Sims. However, there was a development after I reported the bug: my mermaid musician who isn’t a conservationist started receiving royalties for licensed songs after moving away from Sulani and into Windenberg (sp). She wasn’t receiving any payments while living in Sulani, and she lived there for several in-game days after licensing her songs. It should also be mentioned (though I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not) that she left the household of the conservationist mermaids.

I’ve had non-mermaid Sims living in Sulani that do receive royalties, though they aren’t Conservationists. So now I’m wondering if this is a problem for mermaids living in Sulani, but that seems oddly specific for a bug. 

The only thing I do know is that I have two Conservationist mermaids living in Sulani that aren’t receiving royalty payments of any kind. 

Message 4 of 44 (4,077 Views)

Hero
@DapperGeek88 Mine lived in Sulani too but not a conservationist (I think)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 44 (4,054 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ran into a situation very like this over the last couple of days. I have a household of four in which the adults are 1 human male sim who licensed two songs on the guitar, and 1 (female) mermaid conservationist who filmed a documentary and tried to license it. I use MCCC (and no other mods) and IL is the only DLC I have. I saved the lastException file, but the error pops up consistently every morning when the mail is delivered. I was waiting on some postcards and elements and things.

Message 6 of 44 (3,967 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@lea_hazel Could you attach your LE ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 44 (3,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having trouble submitting a reply with an attachment. Let's try this again.

I'm trying to edit the attachment in.

Maybe in Chrome? 

Okay, I couldn't paste the text here because the markup isn't valid, but I dumped it in a draft document here: https://draftin.com/documents/1389598?token=0Dz-BOg5SRUgQaI3U4FeZ9q0I2kb7OThaj-F0Cf2m7SfcsoXdfyQlyfw...

Not an ideal way to share information I know, but it's the best I can do right now.

Message 8 of 44 (3,946 Views)

Hero
Going to just c/p your LE. That's the easiest.
Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?> 23256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7desyncea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc2019-10-17 12:24:17Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.56.52.1020-1.200.000.412.Releaserouting.py:7193256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (UnboundLocalError: local variable 'fallback_for_ladder' referenced before assignment) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in resume File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\routing.py", line 507, in run_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\routing.py", line 719, in choose_cancellation_time UnboundLocalError: local variable 'fallback_for_ladder' referenced before assignment rtim=0 23256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7desyncea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc2019-10-17 12:36:04Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.56.52.1020-1.200.000.412.Releaseaop.py:2763256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7siCraftingWoodWorkingTable_CreateObject on object_WoodworkingTable:0x05bc09f60f280984: Error instantiating affordance: (TypeError: __init() missing 2 required keyword-only arguments: 'crafting_process' and 'phase') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 114, in wrapped File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 110, in finally_wrap File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 552, in do_zone_spin_up File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1424, in update File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 513, in on_enter File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info_manager.py", line 659, in restore_sim_si_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_restore.py", line 92, in restore_sim_si_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_restore.py", line 56, in run_startup_interactions File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_restore.py", line 114, in load_staged_interactions File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3874, in load_staged_interactions File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 1277, in loadstaged_interactions File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 1345, in _load_and_push_interaction File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3669, in pushsuper_affordance File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 236, in test_and_execute File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 221, in execute File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 279, in interaction_factory File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_5_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 137, in wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 276, in interactionfactory TypeError: __init() missing 2 required keyword-only arguments: 'crafting_process' and 'phase' rtim=0 23256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7desyncea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc2019-10-17 12:39:40Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.56.52.1020-1.200.000.412.Releaseroyalty_tracker.py:4233256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'buff_type') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 324, in alarm_callback File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 599, in royalty_alarm_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 423, in update_royalties_and_get_paid AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'bufftype' rtim=0 23256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7desyncea.maxis.sims464.15.pc2019-10-17 13:39:20Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.56.52.1020-1.200.000.412.Releaseroyalty_tracker.py:4233256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'bufftype') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 324, in alarm_callback File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royaltytracker.py", line 599, in _royaltyalarm_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 423, in update_royalties_and_get_paid AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'bufftype' rtim=0 23256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7desyncea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc2019-10-17 14:31:49Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.56.52.1020-1.200.000.412.Releaseroyalty_tracker.py:4233256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'buff_type') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 324, in alarm_callback File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 599, in royalty_alarm_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 423, in update_royalties_and_get_paid AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'bufftype' rtim=0 23256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7desyncea.maxis.sims464.15.pc2019-10-17 15:30:00Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.56.52.1020-1.200.000.412.Releaseroyalty_tracker.py:4233256310eb5f1b2e45da829e7Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'bufftype') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 324, in alarm_callback File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 599, in _royaltyalarm_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royaltytracker.py", line 423, in update_royalties_and_get_paid AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'buff_type' rtim=0

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (3,933 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I feel a bit silly because the button for posting code is right there in the menu bar and I missed it completely.

Anyway, here's my update: I created a separate save and split the household into two. Yesterday I played the main save with the human musician and everything went fine, no lastException or anything. Just now I played the household with only a mermaid conservationist, and as soon as she left for work I got this exception:

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>c6cd875d032b039f5da9b2ee</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-10-18 16:23:30</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.56.52.1020-1.200.000.412.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>royalty_tracker.py:423</categoryid><desyncid>c6cd875d032b039f5da9b2ee</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'buff_type')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 324, in _alarm_callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 599, in _royalty_alarm_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 423, in update_royalties_and_get_paid&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'buff_type'&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>

This is on PC, with just base game and Island Living installed, and my only mod is MCCC, which I triple-checked is up-to-date. For my next experiment, I'm going to try replaying with an empty mods folder.

Message 10 of 44 (3,903 Views)