[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] SocialBunny caused crash to desktop

by sirdayne

Original Post

Re: [HSY] SocialBunny caused crash to desktop

★★★ Newbie

Did the blue-d out screen issue ever get solved?

Message 11 of 14 (454 Views)

Re: [HSY] SocialBunny caused crash to desktop

EA Staff

Hello,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share these files:

- Affected save file(s)
- \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log
- Latest last crash file from the document folder

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the files.

Instructions here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 14 (400 Views)

Help - social bunny makes my game crash!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - All Expansions - All Game Packs, except Journey to Batuu, Wedding Stories and Werwolfs - All Stuff Packs, expect Luxury Party, Bowling Night and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the save, click on social bunny and watch the game crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes.
What do you expect to see? The game doesn't crash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the last patch.

Help - since the last patch, my long time save where I play my legacy challenge, crashes when I try to use the social bunny app. This is very frustrating, because I can't play in the save anymore. I'm playing in the 8th/9th generation of the legacy challenge, so the save is a bit older. I already deleted some NPCs, which made the save much faster. But now it starts to crash the game when I try to use the social bunny app. Sometimes I can play for 1-2hours, before the game crashes. Today, it crashed after 5min.

I'm using MC Command Center and UI Cheats as mods.

It would be great, if this would be resolved. Thanks!

Message 13 of 14 (390 Views)

Re: Help - social bunny makes my game crash!

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, this happened to me last night. My Sim (YA) came home from work, and I got a popup that a lot of Social Bunny worthy things happened to him that day, but when I opened Social Bunny... BOOM. Luckily I had saved recently.

I know (because I work in software) that saying this is super unhelpful, but... It's really hard for me to reproduce. Rarely, when my Sim is offscreen and I've used the spacebar to navigate to his portrait and clicked Social Bunny, BOOM. Very, very rarely. Then again, I very seldom perform that exact sequence of actions...

Message 14 of 14 (248 Views)