[OPEN] [HSY] Sim is stuck on C student despite acing all exams

by DopeySims

Original Post

Re: Troublemaker Scenario Impossible

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, you're right, that was exactly it. I started fresh and sent them through the rabbit hole and bam, grade increased. It worked okay for D and C, but then B wouldn't pop and I had to do the rabbit hole again.

So I did manage to get the 5 friends and a B finale, but fell short of the A- due to the delay caused by the bug.

Thanks for the solution. 🤗

Dez

Message 21 of 51 (2,286 Views)

Re: Troublemaker Scenario Impossible

Hero
@deztech I'm going to merge your post with the bug report.

Make sure to also click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 51 (2,276 Views)

Teen sims can't get their grades up

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join teenage sims to school and finish the school day following all the instructions to get a high remark.
What happens when the bug occurs? My teenage sims maximized the performance bar but is not getting promoted from a B student to an A student.
What do you expect to see? The teenage sim should be promoted to an A student.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was trying to finish 2nd part of the Goal Oriented Teen Aspiration "Eearn and Keep an A." I usually join my sim at school and when the school day finished, even when I'm already able to get a skill (Fitness) to level 3 and max out the Performance Bar, she wasn't able to get an A grade. I think this happens every day and I just didn't notice it until I switched out the aspiration.

Message 23 of 51 (2,283 Views)

Re: Teen sims can't get their grades up

★★ Guide

@VerifSimGineer 
I can't help You with something definitive, but I had the problem too.
I have the suspicion that mine was MOD related.

I have personally been cleaning out in my custom content, mostly older clothes CC and deleted TwistedMexi's AllCheats + TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions MODs, - And cleared the cache after.
Repaired the game.
I cheated to get my sim "promoted" to a B-Student and after those steps, she started to progress as intended.
Can't tell what MOD, if any, or it was clearing the cache thing fixed my problem, but something in those steps, fixed it.

Message 24 of 51 (2,261 Views)

Re: Teen sims can't get their grades up

★ Novice

My post got added to a list of related items and I'll have to go with the solution not to join them when going to school at least once to get my sim's grades up.

I only have MCCC on mine and I'd like to keep for the sake of populating my worlds and story progression. I'm not sure if the built-in story progression is enough to generate new sims for my save (haven't tried it, though), but I'll try to run it without MODs.

Thanks!

Message 25 of 51 (2,237 Views)

Re: My sim is stuck on C student dispite acing all exams

★★ Apprentice

@Kametisu Your workaround worked for me Standard smile

I only let them go to school alone when they’re close to get the next grade and voila they get it.

So thank you so much! 🙏

Message 26 of 51 (2,194 Views)

Can't graduate by actively going to high school!

★★★★★ Apprentice

James Turner made a video last week in which he showed (also has been confirmed by other Simmers) that you can't get your high school grade up by going actively, you have to take the exam, pass it and send them alone the next day...this defeats the entire purpose of the pack, I hoped it would be fixed in today's update but once again, we have been disappointed. See about 52 minute mark 

If I'm paying $40 for a preorder, with no refunds in DLC (That's right people, refunds are for base game only! The entire franchise is DLC, EA is taking your money, promising you rainbows and giving you rocks!)  I expect to be able to graduate by going to active high school. Why is it so hard for everyone to understand why we are angry about this? 

Message 27 of 51 (2,217 Views)

High School Sims Not Promoting

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion, game pack, stuff pack and kit installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to high school as a C student, get your performance to max but then attend high school with your teen sim everyday.
What happens when the bug occurs? As long as you attend school, your sim is not promoted in high school from C to B or A student. I played in game for 4 sim weeks with top performance and no grade promotions
What do you expect to see? My sims grades to go up in high school
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. With the installation of high school years

Teen sims aren’t being promoted at school no matter how high their performance is, even though they attend every class and do homework every day.

Message 28 of 51 (2,135 Views)

TS4 High school. How to improve Grades?

★ Apprentice

How do you improve your grades in the new High School expansion?  I ace my tests and I get good end-of-day reports, but I am stuck on a B student.  I also completed my grade tasks and do my homework each day.

Message 29 of 51 (1,934 Views)

Re: TS4 High school. How to improve Grades?

★ Apprentice
@Namennaj To answer my own question, it seems you have to send the teen to school alone for a day. Then your grades improve. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional.
Message 30 of 51 (1,919 Views)