[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Romantic Relationships with all Sims/ Disregards orientation

by Nightside-Rush

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Romantic Relationships with all Sims/ Disregards orientation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.48.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Star Wars and a few kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a teen sim and add a bunch of their high school classmates to Social Bunny (not tested with other aged sims).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will randomly gain romance points with their teenage classmates in the middle of class/day/night, often times without any flirty messages sent over Social Bunny or without even interacting with that particular sim. In addition, every classmate at school seems to always be in a flirty mood for some reason.
What do you expect to see? For my sim's entire high school to not be in love with her.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought the High School Years expansion pack.

Screenshot (3584).png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (5,830 Views)

Re: All my sim's high school classmates are in love with her

Hero
@Nightside-Rush At which point did you remove you rmods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (5,668 Views)

★ Novice
@Nightside-Rush this is happening to me as well, its so weird
Message 3 of 19 (5,632 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I haven’t enabled them since the July 26th update. I do have mods like MCCC and UI Cheats downloaded and have updated them, but they’re still disabled in my game as I keep forgetting to go into settings and turning them back on.
Message 4 of 19 (5,543 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Update: I was able to replicate the issue in a new save file with a young adult by adding a bunch of sims she barely met at the bar, adding them all to Social Bunny, and then having my sim basically sleep for two weeks straight. Lo and behold, when she finally awoke, she magically had romance with 5 sims she’s barely spoken to but was now somehow good friends with 😅

Message 5 of 19 (5,532 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] High school classmates all fall in love with active Sim

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? 

English
How often does the bug occur? 

100% of the time with 33-75% of the Sims' friends, typically takes 5-8 sims days to start
What is your current game version number? 

Version 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

All Expansions, game packs, and stuff packs plus all the kits with build/buy items
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 

Teen with a bunch of friends on social tummy (including teens and adults)
What happens when the bug occurs? 

Like previously stated in the post, My Teens are getting random romantic relationships with random people on their Social Bunny list, even though I ignored all of their romantic messages and never had any player directed or autonomous romantic actions, but several random teens and a couple married (not to each other) adults and one random young adult. 

What I wanted to add in addition is that in all three saves for testing this, majority of the romantic relationships didn't follow my Sims' defined sexual orientation. I had one gay male teen, one lesbian female teen. and one heterosexual female teen, doubled checked and made sure I did the correct setting for it in CAS, and all of them had multiple romantic partners that was opposite of what their sexual orientations stated, even though I ignored all of their romantic messages on social bunny and never had any player directed or autonomous romantic actions. Also in one save, even though the teen told their friend "Ask to just be friends" a couple days later the sim tagged the sim in a romantic post and a few Sim hours later when I got the "You had a lot to post about today notification" they had a small romantic relationship again and they hasn't even interacted with them that specific day

What do you expect to see? 

If I ignore random romantic messages to not have a romantic relationship with said sims, and to not get random romantic relationships not following the Sims' sexual orientation. I don't mind the romantic messages from opposite sexual orientation, from the same age group, as long as my sim doesn't get a romantic relationship

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

Save one had mods that were compatible with the patch (none that affected sims relationships in anyway), I removed them and repaired the game, then after that the random relationships started happening. Saves 2 and 3 were after I complete removed the Sims 4 folder and regenerated it and there have never been mods 

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Happened after the HSY was installed

Message 6 of 19 (5,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play around and random teen friends will get into a romantic relationship with your sim. At the end of the day your sim will have like 5-10 romantic relationships with her friends without them even talking to each other.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim gets several romantic relationship builds with her teen friends. Happen randomly during the day.
What do you expect to see? No romantic relationships if your sim hasn’t flirted with other sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only since yesterday which is weird. I have played the game a few days before without this happening. Yesterday I updated mc command center and got my sim to not go to the school prom.

@Nightside-RushI experience the exactly same issue since yesterday. My teen doesn’t even talk to her teen friends but all of the sudden some random ones get into a romantic relationship with her. It doesn’t respect gender preferences either and happen a few times during the day.

Even her teen boyfriend got into a romantic relationship with her mother (!) without them even knowing each other 😫 this is super weird.

I do play with a few updates mods like mc command center.

Message 7 of 19 (5,349 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often?
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but a few build/cas kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with teen sims (not sure if it happens with other ages)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has several romantic relationship built with his teen friends without any romantic interactions, it also ignores the sexual orientation set for him. So far his girlfriend has only one 'romantic' relationship start without her doing anything romantic, but it also ignored her sexual orientation.
What do you expect to see? No romantic relationships when my sims haven't done any romantic interactions with the sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not at the moment, I removed my mods folder before the July 26 update & it's still out. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added HSY and had my sims start social bunny and meet some teens. 

Here's my one teen sim's romance panel, note the only sim he's interacted romantically with is his girlfriend, the one with the high pink on the romance bar. 

No description available.

This is his teen girlfriend's romance bar (both are part of the household I'm playing). 

Open photo

Note that this is a brand new save I've been playing since the July 26/22 game update and it has never had any mod (or cc) use in it. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 8 of 19 (5,273 Views)

Romantic relantions with all sims

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the sims 4. Maybe it's from social bunny NPC sending flirtatious messages to my sims?
What happens when the bug occurs? Suddenly my sims have romantic relationships with almost everyone they know. Even without romantic interactions nor sending flirtatious text on social bunny
What do you expect to see? Not to have romantic relationships with everyone they know without doing so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After high school years I started to have this problem.

Message 9 of 19 (5,066 Views)

Sexual Orientation Bug! Help please fix asap

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? EP08 1.assets.live2_console-ep08.43
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I Have All But Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle , Realm Of Magic, Werewolf Pack, Strangerville, none of the kits, tiny living, knitting stuff, star wars Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You Can Make A Straight Sim Only Attracted To The Opposite Sex And Not Romantically Exploring And Get On Social Bunny With Male And Female Friends And You Will Have More Of The Same Sex Flirting And Gaining Romance With You Than The Opposite Sex Which Is What The Sim Prefers
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim Has The Sexual Orientation Set To Interested In Women Not Exploring Romantically & Only Woohoo With Women But On The Social Bunny App Ig It Makes Romance With Other Men On There And Even Men Who Aren’t Teens ! Very Annoying I Only Wanted Him Romantically Involved With Women I Don’t Like This . Same Thing For My Straight Female Sim It’s Like More Of The Same Gender Gets The Romance Relationship Than Opposite.
What do you expect to see? Expect To See No Male Romantic Interest With My Male Who Is Only Attracted To Women . & Vice Versa .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I Believe After Installing High School Years Been Doing It From The Start Even After The Few Updates

Here are the photos showing a married grown man flirting with my straight teen boy on the app gaining the flirting relationship image.jpg

Message 10 of 19 (4,802 Views)