Re: [OPEN] [HSY] High school classmates all fall in love with active Sim

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Romantic Relationships with all Sims/ Disregards sexual orienta

★★★★★ Novice

I hate this glitch. I watched as the game added Kevin Puri as a romantic interest right in front of my eyes, and Kevin isn't even in the same world as my sim right now much less interacting with her. I keep cheating the romance down, but the stupid bar is still there and I can't get rid of it, and it says they're now "Just Friends" even though there was never any romantic interaction between them. I'm worried that this will cause issues for her relationship with her boyfriend, since sims that cheat often receive texts from other sims about it, and she's not even cheating.

Message 11 of 19 (895 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Romantic Relationships with all Sims/ Disregards sexual orienta

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Nightside-RushThis is happening to me too, not only romance but friend interactions too, i keep gaining and losing romance and friend with other sims without doing anything

Message 12 of 19 (871 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Me too. My sim has Social Bunny disabled, cause she had a full relationship bar with way too many sims that she just met once (I like to play realistically, and to me this was very unrealistic). I cheated the relationship bar down on a lot of them.. She does not have Social Bunny, she does not see them or talk to them on the phone, and I suddenly get these notifications that "sim just became good friends with my sim", and it drives me nuts! I have to manually set their relationship to zero but it still keeps gaining. My sim has the ++ or -- over her head constantly, gaining and losing relationship with other sims without interacting with them. Thankfully the romance bar stopped gaining on all her so called romances (I don't know how) cause that was driving me crazy too, she had way too many romantic interests without even meeting them, after Social Bunny was disabled. I hope they fix this soon!

Message 13 of 19 (795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do we still have no solution to this? 

Message 14 of 19 (766 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had this when I used a sim I had pre-made specifically for HSY before the pack was released.  When I started a new run with a brand new sim it didn't occur. 

Message 15 of 19 (759 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I found a workaround/solution, at least it works in my game. My sim no longer gain/lose friendship/romance without interacting with other sims while Social Bunny is deactivated.

If SB is deactivated, turn it back on. Open SB. Delete all of the added friends on the friends list, your sim shouldn't have any friends there (messages and posts will still be there).

Then turn off the option that says something like "get notifications" (I don't remember exactly what is said). THEN disable SB once again. This was the fix for me. I hope it works for you guys too, please let me know if it does. Standard smile

Message 16 of 19 (721 Views)

★★ Pro
@Alizatina aaahh social tummy!! that's the cutest typo I've ever seen! :D :3 Anyways this is pretty annoying that sims become besties on Social bunny with a bunch of randos from school they've only ever talked to once.

A suggested fix: maybe rework this so that sims will only gain any type of relationship if they post or react to others' posts on Social bunny only if directed by the player? If there has to be an autonomous part, make it a lot less frequent/probable and remove the romance gain/loss altogether for autonomous reactions by other sims.
Message 17 of 19 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

CM Edit: Please send any save files for this issue to @TheSimsDirect.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 19 (616 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

Is any of you still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 19 of 19 (270 Views)