by gardenlobster

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Adult posting on social bunny about teen related events

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go onto social bunny an adult has posted on, they sometimes post like they are teens
What happens when the bug occurs? my adult vampire Sim is posting about going to prom as a guest. it isn't a prom day either
What do you expect to see? the adult to not be doing teen only events
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. most recent expansion pack

my adult Sim is posting as if they are in high school about going to prom. it isn't that big of a deal (I honestly think it's funny) but is weird

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 18 (3,187 Views)

Re: [HSY] Adult posting on social bunny about prom

★★ Apprentice
@s65j2f5xgtu9 I'm on Mac and I'm also having this problem with all adults my teens added plus their parents talking about going to prom, like 90% of the time, on both my saves
Message 2 of 18 (3,069 Views)

Re: [HSY] Adult posting on social bunny about prom

★★ Guide

Same here. It seems that anyone you add to Social Bunny is treated as a teen, and all their messages are teen messages. Doesn't matter if it's adults, parents, grandparents, they all post only teen things. Prom, pillow fights, random friendly or even mean messages to the teen, it makes no sense. Not game-breaking in any way, but it's obvious that there is no age or relationship (except romantic) categories for the messages. If you're on social bunny, you're a teen in high school, sending out random teen messages.

Message 3 of 18 (3,021 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Adult posting on social bunny about prom

★ Guide

Same here but it's not just prom. They post about the cafeteria school lunches, pillow fights, homework, etc. They basically act like teenagers online. I like that adults can use Social Bunny but they should be posting about adult things, like their job, bills, their families, etc. There needs to be age categories added to Social Bunny where certain ages will post a different set of messages.

Message 4 of 18 (2,931 Views)

★ Guide

"I like that adults can use Social Bunny but they should be posting about adult things, like their job, bills, their families, etc. There needs to be age categories added to Social Bunny where certain ages will post a different set of messages."

THIS THIS THIS! I would also expect to see elders posting searches instead of posts, posts complaining about how sims used to respect Murphy beds or risked it all for the Polar Bear Plunge, or post random Simlish words that make no sense.

Message 5 of 18 (2,919 Views)

Hero
@gardenlobster Still happening after the patch ?

They did fix another issue but maybe it helps with this one too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (2,915 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Ahh just now seeing there's been a hotfix. Was testing something else (made a report). Updating now! Will test and see...
Message 7 of 18 (2,880 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, still happening, including my own young adult sim who posted autonomously about prom (different issue, I know, but I find it amusing that it's THIS issue). Also still seeing adult sims posting about cafeteria food, wanting to make besties at lunch, etc.

BUT they're no longer flirting with teenagers from what I've seen.
Message 8 of 18 (2,866 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Still happening after todays hotfix... https://i.imgur.com/nJGDQsY.jpg
Message 9 of 18 (2,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks all for confirming

Adjusted title a bit to make it about all things only for teens

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (2,838 Views)