[NEEDS SAVES] (Group) Conversation leads to inappropriate love interest

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Re: Relationship bug

★★★★ Expert

I have not had this problem reoccur since I started using the Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages mod, linked in the hero-approved mods post.  I don't know if that's the mod doing its thing or if I was lucky, but... I was previously unlucky twice in the same save, ugh.  I would recommend trying this mod, yes.

EA, PLEASE MAKE THIS GO AWAY!  It's disturbing!

Message 41 of 74 (909 Views)

Random Romantic Relationships

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.48.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Throwback Fit Kit and Bust the Dust Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I literally just loaded up my game after the update
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims all of a sudden have a bunch of romantic relationships with other people that they don't even know and there were kids as well that they had romantic relationships with so there is definitely a problem.
What do you expect to see? Not a million romantic relationships with random people especially not children.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The April 27th Update yesterday

After closing the game without saving the relationships disappeared not sure what happened, so I have no pictures at this time. And I'm not sure of how often the bug occurs yet.

Message 42 of 74 (894 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Romantic interest for everyone in group conversations (flirtatious j

One sim told a flirtatious joke to her love interest, in a group conversation that included her brother. She now has a romance bar with her brother! as well as everyone else who was at the table. I guess it was a good joke? Anyhow, the bug is not fixed.

Message 43 of 74 (829 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Romantic interest for everyone in group conversations (flirtatious j

Hero
@mightyspritesims Moved your post over to the current thread.

Could you send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 74 (825 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@mightyspritesimsIf you use mods, there's a mod in the hero-approved mod list post that helps.  I can verify that my obsessively serenading Sims are no longer developing inappropriate romantic interests with minors and relatives (gack!!!) after installing it. 

Message 45 of 74 (807 Views)

Toddler Romantic Bar With Adult

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Causing my toddler to have a romantic interest bar with her father. tried to use cheats to bring it down or make it go away but it keeps coming back with any friendly social interaction.
What do you expect to see? My toddlers to not have romantic relationships with their parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/A

Message 46 of 74 (767 Views)

Re: Toddler Romantic Bar With Adult

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Are there other people in the household (like, the father's partner)? This sounds like it might be this:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p...

I can confirm that in my case the Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages mod linked in the hero-approved mods post seemed to help. 

Message 47 of 74 (744 Views)

★★ Guide

Why has this issue not been immediately patched? It's the kind of thing that should get a fix ASAP. This is a family - friendly game, it should never allow/show inappropriate relationships. Please EA, fix it. We should not need a mod to fix this, although thank you for pointing it as a temporary workaround.

Message 48 of 74 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

It's happened again, the toddler has developed a 10 romance bar on his Father.  Had to cheat it down to 0.  I also have 2 new born babies and wondering what's going to happen with them.  I'm sickened by this, really I am!  Please fix this.  It's perverse and shouldn't be happening with toddlers, children or any relations!  I want to enjoy my game, not have to worry constantly that the kids are going to fall in love with their parents!  Ewwwwwww!!!!!  Please work on this asap.  I don't know where or how to get a mod and shouldn't have to!  Please!  Thank you!

Edit: I just thought more about that and it was just after the toddler autonomously went and hugged Daddy.  I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the Angelic trait as he's very sweet and good and loves hugs and to be near his parents. One minute he's dancing, playing, learning with flashcards, then suddenly a hug and there's a romance bar! I always go for the angelic trait just because it makes the child easier to cope with, but if this is the outcome, it's very disturbing and on ageing up my newborn twins, I may try a different trait, but TBH I don't like the other traits, they're rather difficult in their own ways. I don't want 2 clingy kids, 2 energetic kids etc...  I have my hands full!  I know that's part of a game, to be challenged, but parenting is very hard in The Sims, by design or bugs, so I always chose the easiest way out! Lazy player, I guess, but I don't deserve incest in my game, (it's tantamount to that) and as much as I want to build my legacy and enjoy the genetics of the sims I made, I'm sickened every time I get babies in the game and that really shouldn't be. I should be able to enjoy the parenting aspect.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 49 of 74 (654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Gednaa  This happened to me with a child who had the good trait, so I'm not sure it's the Angelic trait.

I hesitate to say for sure, because it's marked "needs saves," but in my case it's as if the parents' romantic conversation has an area of effect and if the child enters that area...  It's not even anything particularly "dirty"; my Sim parents are disgustingly in love and autonomously serenaded each other constantly (to the point where they were level 10 singers) and they lived in a small space, and when the child or teen went into the room while that was happening, BAM! romance bar.  (So disturbing.)  It was a tiny house, and that means that I would have toddlers maybe two days before they earned Top Notch Toddler and I gave them a cake, so that's probably why I never saw it happen with a toddler.

Because it's marked "needs saves," that suggests to me that it's not that the Team doesn't want to fix it, but that they're not entirely sure why it happens. 

(I tend to make all my toddlers Independent, LOL, although I also like Charmer, Silly, and Angelic.  We all have our favorite toddler trait, I think.)

I initially blamed the fact that all the adults in the household have Player after an unfortunate incident where, on the third gold date for the Soulmate aspiration (Date is Gold but not yet ended! only five romantic gestures to go and it's theirs!) all of a sudden the wife had an angry "Cheating Spouse" moodlet and a "furious about cheating" sentiment for no reason that I could detect.  Their romance bar was suddenly like 75% red FOR NO REASON, so I rage-quit without saving and cheated every played adult in the save Player.  On thinking about it, however, that might have been another Area of Effect, where some rando inserted herself into their romantic conversation (as they do, much to my annoyance). I no longer think it's the player trait and instead something to do with physical proximity.

Message 50 of 74 (651 Views)