by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Family members becoming romantic interests

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Realm of Magic, City Living, Get Together, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangervile, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find the bug when viewing sim relationships, hovering over a sim in game or viewing sim information
What happens when the bug occurs? Biological family members (Father and son / Mother and daughter) are showing up as a romantic interest in the sim info panel, relationships tab and when hovering over a sim
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims not having a romantic interest with their family members. Attached are pictures showing a two sims who are biologically Father and Son having a romantic interest in each other. This is impossible without the usage of mods and I do not presently have mods enabled in my game to make this happen otherwise
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Have never experienced this issue prior to the February 25th, 2021 patch. Game version 1.71.86.1020

I just noticed this in my game. Two of my sims who are family members have a romantic interest in each other. They are father and son, biological. I have in the past used a particular Whims mod however that is not presently enabled and I've never used it or any other mod to start romantic relations between family members. This glitch is out of the blue, I have not had it happen with any other family members yet. There are no romance interactions available between the sims and I have not once seen them become romantic with each other. I have reloaded the save, repaired the game, uninstalled/reinstalled, and its still there

Anyone else experienced this?

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 31 of 74 (1,106 Views)

Re: Family members becoming romantic interests

★★★★ Expert

Delurking on this issue; I've already shared my save with SimGuruNick.

Me, too?  If you're willing to use mods, people recommend Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages and MC Command Center, both linked in the Hero Approved Mods post.

Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages should hopefully prevent the problem, but the romance bar will still exist once it's already there.  If you can live with that, just Ask to Just Be Friends (ugh), which won't damage their relationship at all.  The romance bar will be 0 but will still exist, and the panel will say "Just good friends."  (Ew.)

If you can't handle the ew, you can use MC Command Center to completely delete all relationships between the two Sims and then cheat it back.  You'll lose all your sentiments, the Daddy's boy relationship, etc.  My inappropriate was with a grandparent with the Big Happy Family aspiration, on stage four where the only thing left was number of grandchildren, and I couldn't figure out how to put that relationship back after deleting it.  I ended up rolling back after trying to fix it.  Frown

If it's a brand new thing and you saw it happen, you can roll back a save with the built in recovery feature and try the Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages mod. 

Message 32 of 74 (1,072 Views)

Toddler is a romantic interest of her mother

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs (except spa day), Laundry day, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal and Tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? My adult sim has romantic feelings towards her toddler daughter. Right before my toddler sim glitched and her legs got stretched. I don't play with toddlers often and this is the first time it happened to me.
What do you expect to see? The mother of my toddler sim has developed a romantic feeling towards her daughter. I didn't click anything and she did it on her own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did read about this bug occuring pretty recently. I don't often play with toddlers, I usally age them up after a day or two so maybe that's why I never noticed this bug in my own game. I do have custom content installed but I have read a previous thread from people that had the same bug with no CC so I'm not sure if it's the CC's fault. My sim was off her home lot, then returned and I got a notification that some kind of content in my build mode was not installed and had to be removed from my game (strange). Then I wanted my sim to tech the toddler to speak and this is when the glitch happened. The toddlers legs got scretched in a weird way for like a second and then I noticed little heart icons over her and her mother's head and that the toddler was now a romantic interest of her mother. This really should be fixed in some kind of update, rather sooner than later...

Message 33 of 74 (1,040 Views)

romantic relationship with toddler

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, parenthood, jungle adventure, laundry day, moschino, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sims have a baby and age them up to toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has a romantic relationship with his toddler son
What do you expect to see? for sims to not have romantic relationships with their children (especially toddlers)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim has a romantic relationship with his toddler son. 

Message 34 of 74 (1,015 Views)

Re: romantic relationship with toddler

Hero

I merged a few threads in here.

Please all send your saves to EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 74 (996 Views)

Relationship bug

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escapes eco-lifestyle discover university island living get famous seasons cats and dogs city living get together get to work Realm of magic parenthood spa day outdoor retreat paranormal nifty knitting tiny living laundry day Toddler holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I clicked on my adult male Sim and then clicked on my toddler it showed a pink bar what I thought was weird because that’s for romantic line I then went onto his relationships and it was still there I then clicked the toddlers Sim profile and it said that they bring in a romantic relationship what’s creepy!
What happens when the bug occurs? It shows up that my male adult sim is in a romantic relationship with his toddler. I’ve tried exiting the game deleting my cc and nothing worked
What do you expect to see? Not for my male sim to be in a romantic relationship with his toddler
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

1 is the toddler sim profile 

2 is what you see when you hover over the toddler 

Message 36 of 74 (929 Views)

Re: Relationship bug

Champion

@1x0xshannonx0x1 Hi!  Very creepy indeed!  Can you review the below thread?  I believe it's the same issue.  It has been around for some time and it appears the EA team is looking for saves to further investigate.

[NEEDS INPUT] Parents have romantic interest in their children - Answer HQ (ea.com)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 37 of 74 (923 Views)

★★ Novice
@JonaO703 Thank you
Message 38 of 74 (903 Views)

Hero
@1x0xshannonx0x1 I merged your post with the current report on this.

Could you please send your save to SimGuruNick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 74 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My parent developed a +10 romance bar for one of it's triplets and the triplet was smitten with his father!  I cheated the romance bar to zero, but it gave the father the hurt sentiment towards the child.  Cheated the hurt sentiment off parent  and smitten off child, then made them best friends.  This creeps me out.  I had a bad time as a child and don't want to see incest in my game.  Very disturbing and this bug needs a patch asap.  It's been in the game forever!  Surely it's time to sort this one out!  Creepy!!

Message 40 of 74 (814 Views)