Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] (Group) Conversation leads to inappropriate love interest

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC except Eco, Knitting, Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. Parent was in a flirty mood and after an autonomous conversation suddenly sees daughter as romantic interest. I've not seen any romantic socials in the pie menu when the two talk to each other.
What happens when the bug occurs? Romantic relationship bar (with a few pixels filled) appears on the relationship status for both sims - parent towards child / child towards parent. See attached image
What do you expect to see? I expects parents and their children to not fall in love with each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've never seen this happen before. It MAY be a display glitch with the new profile thingie, but since it doesn't give me any romantic interactions I can't test how broken it is.

Can still alter their relationship with cheat codes, but that's not really the point.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 74 (13,061 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] (Group) Conversation leads to inappropriate love interest

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We would like to collect more affected (unmodded) save files with this issue, preferably from both before and after the issue occurred.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 67 of 74 (2,922 Views)

All Replies

Re: Inappropriate love interest

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Do they also have a romance bar ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 74 (13,027 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrictyes. That's what I meant. In all the social panels - when conversing, mousing over them with either sim selected, and in the actual relationship (R) panel, they both show with a romantic bar towards each other, and then in the profile they both say romantic interest. I still get no romantic options when making them talk to each other.

Message 3 of 74 (13,024 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Were other Sims involved in the conversation or just dad/daughter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 74 (13,009 Views)

Toddler and parents have romantic interest

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Remove option for underage sims to have romantic feelings, especially toward family
What happens when the bug occurs? Married adult sims were "flirty" and I guess the toddler was in a "group conversation" with them and now has romantic relationship with both parents. It's severely affecting gameplay, as parents are "hurt" when near the child, I'm assuming because the interactions are being viewed as unfaithful, which is ridiculous because it's their toddler.
What do you expect to see? Minor sims unable to have romantic feelings, and others sims unable to have romantic feelings towards underage sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has never happened in previous games, only after latest update that installed platforms, sentiments, etc.

Message 5 of 74 (12,996 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict The entire family was in a group conversation, including both toddlers (twins) and both parents. The parents were in a flirty mood, which afterwards I realized may have been fault of or exacerbated by a date reward that was placed in the room. Only one toddler was affected, but both parents were affected. The unaffected toddler was furthest away, deeply involved in playing with a dollhouse, but it still showed she was part of the conversation.
Message 6 of 74 (12,824 Views)

Sims have inappropriate romantic relationships!!!!

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My adult Sim flirted with another adult, child/brother was in the conversation, my sims then had a romantic relationship with the child/brother? I had my adult sim/sister tell the child/brother they wanted to be just friends. I also saw two related sims kiss at a community lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims who should NOT have romantic relationships/options have them,
What do you expect to see? Sims not kiss/flirt with Sims related to them, Sims not have romantic relationships with children.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game to the most recent patch and this issue occurred

Please see screenshot attached

Message 7 of 74 (12,804 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrictsorry, missed the notification. In my case I believe it was only the parent and the daughter, though the other parent may have been there now you ask Thinking.

Message 8 of 74 (12,756 Views)

"Romantic Interest" between Mother & Toddler

★★★★★ Novice

I have no mods, just the game and expansion packs. In one of my families, the Mother now has a "romantic interest" in her toddler daughter. Has anyone had this happen recently & if so how do I fix it.

Message 9 of 74 (12,755 Views)

Re: "Romantic Interest" between Mother & Toddler

★★★ Guide

@ShleePnot a fix per se, but you can use the "modifyrelationship" cheat to make them not be romantic. Only as I found it does not prevent it from coming back or from having a negative romantic relationship with their kids instead (latter might be preferable, but it's just as puzzling).

Message 10 of 74 (12,704 Views)