Re: Toddler Romantic Bar With Adult

by Gednaa

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] (Group) Conversation leads to inappropriate love interest

★ Apprentice

This bug is back for me. I couldn't me too post for some reason. Happen while mom was flirty and daughter was at table doing homework as mom baked flirty cookies. 

Message 51 of 74 (1,133 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Thanks for your great insight Standard smile. I don't use the player trait on any of my sims and they are all flagged for no affairs, so I do find this really odd. I think the kid is literally so loving (angelic trait) that it triggers the romance bar. I had to quit my save last night, go back to before the romance thing and aged the kid toddler up to adult, cheating it to have all the skills it would have acquired if the game hadn't get so creepy! Now the young adult if still very happy and calm and just hanging out, dancing to favourite music etc. No problem for him, but for me, a real bummer as I missed out of a lot of toddler and no child or teen stages! Yeah, you bet I cheat if something dsigusting like this happens! Apart from Ewwwww... I can't say other words that I was shouting at my screen last night and all day today! lol
Message 52 of 74 (1,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, when it happened to my child with the Good trait (and his Grandmother with the Good and Family-Oriented traits) my initial reaction was "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO AGE HIM UP AND MOVE HIM OUT RIGHT NOW!"  Instead I pretended it wasn't happening, which meant that when he got engaged I had to stop Grandma from slapping him for "cheating." EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!  I used UI cheats to remove their angry and embarrassed moodlets because NO.  NO, he's not cheating on his grandmother, that's NOT happening, it's a bug, SHUT UP GAME, NO!

The next time it happened, with a teen and her Mom, I had her Ask To Just Be Friends (ew!) on the spot and that zeroed out the romance bar and it didn't come back, but I also moved to a larger lot around that time. 

I've since installed the mod and haven't have the problem again.  I kind of feel like I shouldn't have to install a mod to prevent this type of content (trying not to give the CM something to edit) from spontaneously appearing in my game, but I also would rather install the mod than see it. While I know that bugs are sometimes hard to track down, it's still GROSS and very upsetting/triggering to see this type of content in our game!

Message 53 of 74 (1,106 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Woooahhh! That sounds awful! I really wish I knew where to get the mod as I've had to stop my sims having babies and now the game is pretty boring and unplayable now. Frown This bug really need sorting out right away! This is not teaching young people the correct behaviour in our society and incest is such a disgusting thing! I can hardly believe we have to keep on pointing this out to the devs. It can't be that hard to fix. We'd prefer a fix to this appalling problem instead of new packs and kits.
Message 54 of 74 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Gednaa  The mod is here!  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/9836185#... There's a rule against linking to mods directly, but this one is linked in the hero-approved mods post. 

You want Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages by TheFreshSims. 

(It's not specifically for this problem, but there was an issue with DU roommates doing inappropriate romance interactions with underaged or related Sims.  It adds age and relative checks to romance actions.)

I agree that it's sad that we need a mod to prevent *nc*st and p*d*ph*l** in the game, but there we are.  The mod seems to help!

Message 55 of 74 (1,042 Views)

Romantic Relationship Between Toddler and His Father

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Paranormal Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I believe you have to have a romantic interaction with two eligible sims while in a group conversation with a toddler/family member.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get a romantic relationship bar between two family members and/or with a toddler/child that was in the group conversation.
What do you expect to see? To not have romantic relationships between family members and/or toddlers/children while in a group conversation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Description of romantic relationship between a toddler and his father.

I'm not entirely sure that the reason this appeared was because of the group conversation (My adult male sim I think flirted with his wife, and their toddler was in the group conversation), but looking it up, multiple people have had the same issue. Would really love to get rid of this.

Message 56 of 74 (905 Views)

Re: Romantic Relationship Between Toddler and His Father

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@jwilson3401  My condolences on getting this bug.  Frown

First, since you've never used mods or CC, please send your save to the team, if you're comfortable doing so.  The request for saves is here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p...

Secondly, to get rid of it... if you don't mind a zeroed out romance bar (ew) you can use the friendly interaction Ask To Just Be Friends.  I've never seen it negatively impact their friendship.  If that's too icky and you have a previous save before this happened, you can "roll back," or use a mod like MCCC to delete and recreate their friendship.

As I said above in thread, there's a mod that seems to help me under the Hero-Approved mods post, if you're willing to use it.  It's listed as being for Discover University roommates.  It won't make the romance bar go away, though.

Message 57 of 74 (859 Views)

Re: Romantic Relationship Between Toddler and His Father

★★★★ Expert

Heartbreakingly, despite the Roommate Behaviors Checking Valid Ages mod...

After having so many issues on the Akiyama lot (5-3-1 Shinrinyoku), I downloaded the house I originally had this issue in from my library and moved the family into it.

HOORAY!!! My Sims are no longer dropping their queues constantly!!!

BOO!  My child now has a romance bar with her stepfather.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/980707071458701332/unknown.png

There was no serenading involved; I've used MC Tuner to forbid Serenading and have turned off random flirting. I think my lot is just cursed. Maybe I should just delete it off the gallery and save other players the heartache.  Frown

Brand new save, same house, I think they were sitting outside eating breakfast and chatting, I didn't see what was said but I saw that it was an "awkward encounter."

I used UI Cheats to zero out the romance bar and moved them to a new lot.

Message 58 of 74 (655 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] (Group) Conversation leads to inappropriate love interest

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately I deleted the save but, on a clean install ( I don't use CC ) toddler male was in a conversation with father and unrelated female. When the father flirted with the female the toddler got the jealous moodlet "love of their life was flirting etc.". I thought it was just him being upset that his father was flirting as his mother had just died (from being hysterical no less). But then that female, whom the father had used the "just be friends" line on, called the father to ask his advice about someone proposing marriage. I didn't pay attention to the name but then a window popped up saying she was engaged to the name of the toddler. Sure enough, I checked the toddler's moods and it showed he was engaged to the woman. This happened yesterday - I have all the EA content for Sims 4 installed and the latest patch.

ADDED: The name was not a common name, it was a hyphenated surname of the mother & father, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Message 59 of 74 (539 Views)

Mother and Daughter now in relationship

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? About 60% of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open my save file
What happens when the bug occurs? Mother and daughter began flirting. Now have a pink bar
What do you expect to see? No incest
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So mom and daughter are in a relationship now?! Wtf?!?!?

Message 60 of 74 (506 Views)