Toddler Romantic Relationship with Parent (innapropriate romantic relationship)

by CardynPM

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] (Group) Conversation leads to inappropriate love interest

★★★ Apprentice

I used MCCC to delete the entire relationship of the father and daughter, they disappeared from each other's list of relationship panel, cheated their green bar to where it supposed to be. the game still register them father-daughter but you basically use MCCC to reset their relationship.

Message 21 of 74 (1,314 Views)
Highlighted

Toddler Romantic Relationship with Parent (innapropriate romantic relationship)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Journey to Batuu, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an young adult/adult sim in a flirty mood near a toddler (potentially one who is related)
What happens when the bug occurs? Parent (or possibly other young adult/adult sim) is able to begin a romantic relationship with the toddler, relationship is labeled romantic interest in relationships tab.
What do you expect to see? Only young adult and above sims able to have romantic relationships with each other (and teens with other teens). Only non-related sims able to have romantic relationships with each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the Feb. 25, 2021 patch.

The selected sim is the toddler's parent. The sim in yellow is the parent's current girlfriend. Thought the romantic interaction was between parent and gf, then realized there was a romantic bar for the toddler beginning. This is the first time I have seen this happen, so I am uncertain as to the regularity or true repeatability of this happening.

Message 22 of 74 (1,381 Views)

Re: Toddler Romantic Relationship with Parent (innapropriate romantic relationsh

Hero
@CardynPM Has there been a group conversation the toddler was in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 74 (1,362 Views)

Re: Toddler Romantic Relationship with Parent (innapropriate romantic relationsh

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me too, I have no mods, no cc. 

Message 24 of 74 (1,331 Views)

Hero
@LauraYanyMusic Was there a group conversation going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 74 (1,316 Views)

inappropriate relationship between child and adult sim.

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, city living, get together, eco lifestyle, get famous, seasons, island living, snowy escape, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, kids room, laundry day, knitting, tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing it's just disturbing
What do you expect to see? an appropriate child and adult relationship bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So i was just checking on my kid sim her relationships and i saw something pretty disturbing that never happened to me before. I know it's a glitch and it's happening to quite a lot of people. I don't know if EA has "fixed it" but it's still here.

Message 26 of 74 (1,276 Views)

Re: inappropriate relationship between child and adult sim.

Hero
@assiablm @CardynPM, @LauraYanyMusic

I merged your post. Please let me know if you're 100% there wasn't a group conversation involved that could account to for the issue

Could you please also send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 74 (1,263 Views)

Sim got romantic bar with daughter

★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get into a romantic conversation, then have your child join conversation.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim got a romantic relationship with her mother.
What do you expect to see? Sims not getting the romantic bar with sims related to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My elder sim was flirting with someone when her young adult daughter joined the conversation. Now my elder sim & her daughter have a romantic bar. 

Message 28 of 74 (1,259 Views)

Re: Sim got romantic bar with daughter

Hero
@happygurl975554 I merged your post.

Could you please also send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 74 (1,221 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] (Group) Conversation leads to inappropriate love interest

Hero (Retired)

I had this happen on PS5 not that long ago with the Caliente family. Katrina had a romance bar suddenly with Nina when they were all chatting with someone else. I reloaded the game to get rid of it. 

Message 30 of 74 (1,206 Views)