[NEEDS SAVES] Glass inside windows disappears

by PiBi91

Original Post

Glass inside windows disappears

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens when I'm building a house.
What happens when the bug occurs? The windows start out normal, but as I'm decorating the house they start messing up. The inside of the windows disappear and they look like they are blended into the wall. When I pick them up and re-place them, they go back to normal but its a bit annoying to go around the whole house looking for which windows have been messed up.
What do you expect to see? I expect the windows to look normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

12-22-19_3-21-49 PM.png . 

Message 11 of 28 (3,672 Views)

Re: Glass inside windows disappears

Hero
@simprincesss Did you place them with moveObjects on ?

I merged this with another thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 28 (3,640 Views)

Re: Glass inside windows disappears

★ Guide

No I didn't have move objects on when I placed the windows. I did turn it on to place a bathtub, but then I turned it off afterwards. This was after I had already placed the windows so I don't think it would mess them up.  

Message 13 of 28 (3,620 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Glass inside windows disappears

@PiBi91 @simprincesss 

Which specific lots are you building on? The bathtub that was placed with MOO, was it in that room with small windows?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 28 (3,604 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Glass inside windows disappears

★ Guide
@Bluebellflora I'm building in Windenburg on The Summer Home lot.
Different windows all over the house are getting messed up. I was working on the house again today and I never turned Move objects on, but the windows kept breaking.
Message 15 of 28 (3,584 Views)

Doors and Windows Become Invisible Except For Frames

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats & Dogs, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get Famous, Get Together, Bowling Night Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the build mode while building a house or apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am building, and at least 2 or 3 windows/doors in every apartment or house I build does this, the frame of the window or door and the door handle are the only things showing. The wall turns into the middle part of the door or the glass part of the window. The only way to fix is to click on the object and then place down again. I can't fix with some apartments because you can't edit the outside of the apartment.
What do you expect to see? The doors and windows should stay doors and windows and not become mostly invisible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The only thing left visible when the bug is occurring is that door frame or that specific window frame. The window's glass turns into the wall and the middle part of the door except the knob turns into the wall also. It doesn't occur to every window and door all at once but it happens to usually 2-3 of the windows and/or doors whenever I am building a house/apartment or are in build mode for a long time. I'm not certain if it happens in live mode too. It definitely doesn't as much as in build mode, but I believe I recall having to go into build mode just to select the door or window and then place it back down where it was before.

Message 16 of 28 (3,638 Views)

Re: Doors and Windows Become Invisible Except For Frames

Hero
@spadesisters Could you add some pictures to your post ? Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 28 (3,595 Views)

Re: Doors and Windows Become Invisible Except For Frames

Hero
@spadesisters Are you still having issues ? Did you get a chance to play without mods/cc ? Some pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 28 (3,559 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Glass inside windows disappears

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 28 (2,879 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Glass inside windows disappears

★★★★ Novice

I'm seeing this too. I do usually use MOO, but I'm also seeing it in premade houses and on almost all lots. There doesn't seem to be a determining factor as to when or why it happens. BUT I first started noticing it after the patch that allowed half-tile and ALT placement of doors and windows.

Attached screenshot and save file. <3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WuKaoU2tZDk4vtr8UiIaIdXE_WuF0qaH/view?usp=sharing

Message 20 of 28 (2,613 Views)