by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Glass inside windows disappears

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats and Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover University Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Dine Out Parenthood Jungle Adventure StrangerVille Realm of Magic Luxury Party Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Kids Room Stuff Backyard Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Fitness Stuff Toddler Stuff Laundry Day Stuff My First Pet Stuff Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While playing, the glass of some of the windows will disapair.
What happens when the bug occurs? You'll get less light in the rooms, and the window is not correctly shown.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see light from outside and see the glass like all of the other windows.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In the following link, you can see this bug on two of the windows in my Sim's house.

[Admin - Removed duplicate template]

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 28 (4,257 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4: Window Bug

Hero
@PiBi91 Which neighorhood are you playing in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (4,191 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Brindleton Bay
Message 3 of 28 (4,183 Views)

Hero
@PiBi91 Does this look similar to you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Glass-missing-or-no-reflectivity-on-glass-in-Forgotten/... ?

Most of the reports are for forgotten Hallow but there's some other hoods mentioned.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (4,170 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for your response. But it is not the same unfortunaly. They have no glass, but can still look through the window. With me the inside of the window is filled with wall - you can see it in my uploaded screenshot.
Message 5 of 28 (4,152 Views)

Hero

This happens quite often in my game too. It happens with doors too. When it happens in my game, it's usually because I placed the windows/doors with MOO on.  Doesn't generally happen if the windows were placed in the usual way with MOO off.  The fix is pretty easy and quick.  Just pop into build and click on the window.  That usually fixes it though sometimes I have to grab the window and then it resets.  

Message 6 of 28 (4,132 Views)

Hero
@PiBi91 Did you place them with moo as @CGrant56 suggested ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 28 (4,124 Views)

★ Guide

This happens to me all the time, even with windows in apartments which I have no ability to edit! Like another person said, picking them up and replacing them will fix it, but it doesn't in apartments since obviously you can't touch the windows to fix them. Luckily if it happens to you there you just have to exit the game and come back in. It's probably to do with move objects on, yeah.

Message 8 of 28 (4,108 Views)

★★★ Novice

No it's without MOO on. Thank you guys for replying! It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I know it's an easy fix (by clicking in build mode), but I really hope there will be an update to fix this!

Message 9 of 28 (4,090 Views)

Hero

@Ardnaxela56  You can grab windows in some apartments.  The penthouses which are really entire lots will let you do whatever you want with them for the most part.  Since space is aways an issue, I've added entire floors (limit is 4) and put in any window you want.  Trick to it is that it generally has to be done from the inside if the wall you are trying to place them in is on the edge of the lot so there's a lot of flipping views sometimes to make sure you've got them in the right place and everything lines up with the windows on the floors below if you're trying to make the whole look cohesive.  It can be a real pain at times.  Roof and trims are sort of like that too.  You have to go at them from odd directions at times but you can pretty much get what you want in the end.

Message 10 of 28 (4,083 Views)