Re: [OPEN] Get To Know does not reveal traits

by Chebadoo

Original Post

★ Guide

I am having this problem, too. I am updated to the latest patch, disabled all mods and CC, and have all packs except Journey to Batuu. As I recall, Get to Know is an interaction that is on a timer, so you can't use it multiple times in a row to find out all of a Sim's traits. But now, when I use it, I am not finding out any traits at all. I like to find out their traits organically when I'm playing a Legacy challenge rather than going into CAS to find out what they are, but it's much more difficult now that Get to Know isn't working!

Message 41 of 65 (1,337 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just experienced this issue. A better exceptions report came up with it.

Message 42 of 65 (1,311 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 65 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm still having the issue. I've spent multiple in game days(at least a week) trying to get to know a sim and she hasn't said one trait to the sim who asks her multiple times a day. (A young adult) , a child asked her once and got the first trait. I wanted to share that fact in case it helps with bug detection/troubleshooting. 

Also since this seems to be important based on comments I've read in here. I do not have snowy escape. 

Message 44 of 65 (1,166 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Get To Know does not reveal traits

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem, but I play on Xbox. 

I press GTK and it will work but when I talk to them again it just disappears. 

What can I do?  

Message 45 of 65 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Novice

For me get to know doesn't work at all. It used to reveal one trait each time I asked it. It would also only work once per conversation, which I thought was good because then it took a few visits to learn all of someone's traits. Now, though, it just doesn't do anything except for gaining some friendly relationship points. The only way I have to find traits now is the observant reward traits, but that doesn't work if my sim is already acquaintances with someone!

Message 46 of 65 (1,072 Views)

★ Apprentice

has anyone found a way to stop this i keep getting last exemptions coming up every time I play and annoying the crap out of me it pops up a couple of different times 

Message 47 of 65 (1,038 Views)

★★ Novice

This post is still open but not sure whether people are still having the issue.  I managed to fix my game (eventually) but it recurred recently after I uploaded some career and traits mods.  The issue went away again when I deleted them (thankfully I have my mods folder well organised).  I can't help people who have no CC but maybe useful to know this is due to an interaction with traits and/or careers?

Message 48 of 65 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Yes, I still have this issue.

Message 49 of 65 (857 Views)

★★★ Guide

This started on my game recently. Not march 23rd patch but the one before maybe? No mods/cc, all content installed except JtB, on mac. Get to know doesn't reveal traits as it used to.

Message 50 of 65 (783 Views)