Re: [OPEN] Get To Know does not reveal traits

by jacknifelee

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

When I use Get to Know option it gives me the other sim's active Lifestyles instead of Traits. And if the other sim doesn't have any active Lifestyles I get nothing, no Traits are revealed.

Message 31 of 65 (1,297 Views)

★ Pro

I don't know how long this has been going on in my game, but I first noticed it yesterday. (A lot of bugs revealed themselves just yesterday, even though I last updated game last week and have been playing at least a little every day.) It's not consistent. Sometimes Get to Know works and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly, it doesn't. I can't discern any consistent pattern to when it will work and when it won't.

Message 32 of 65 (1,266 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this problem since the Snowy Escape update but seem to have solved it and thought I would pass this on in case it helps to get to the bottom of why this is happening.  I spent hours removing CC, adding it back, deleting stuff and eventually became so dispirited I just put things back as they were.  The Get To Know is so inconsistent it was difficult to know whether I had fixed it or not.  Also my sims have "forgotten" everything about the other sims they know except for those in their household, so that's a lot of "get to knowing" to get all that back.  Anyway I happened to look in my Saves folder and noticed that some mods create folders there, including one which I had deleted - Etheria's Romance Overhaul.  I deleted this mod some time ago because it seemed a bit buggy but didn't realise there was this folder in my Saves.  I deleted the folder and now Get To Know seems to work, or at least it works better.  Still not convinced the problem has gone away completely though.  I have game version 1.69.59.1020 and all EPs, game packs & stuff packs btw.

Message 33 of 65 (1,227 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I still have this problem after both of the December updates. I have noticed that it's not as consistent as I thought. Sometimes I learn all 3 traits, sometimes I don't learn any, and sometimes I only learn 1 or 2. I can't see any pattern to predict how many traits I will learn. For now, I'm just using Get To Know whenever I can until I've learned all the traits.

I've never used any mods or custom content, so I don't think either of those are the cause of the bug.

Message 34 of 65 (1,211 Views)

Re: Get To Know does not reveal traits when used in a queue

★★★ Novice
@jarfr This is also my experience and its really impeding gamplay. I'm about to reload my game for the 8th time. :'(
Message 35 of 65 (1,188 Views)

Console - Can't Get to Know Sims

★★★★ Guide

There was a topic on this that was recently closed. However, the solution was only available to those on PC. This is still an issue on console. Using the "Get to Know" neither the "Discuss Interest" are populating traits from the sims that my active sims are chatting with. Yes, I have also paused the game to queue these. These only work about 5-10% of the time. 

Please look into this. Thanks, devs. 

Message 36 of 65 (1,151 Views)

Re: Console - Can't Get to Know Sims

Hero
@MzMelonz As this is a game bug, there's no need for a separate console thread.

I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 65 (1,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have noticed only in the last 7 to 10 days that "get to know" doesn't always show up in the choices available and when it does and you do ask, 1 to 3 times you get no answers. On occasion you get 1 answer. This was never any issue for me until now (been playing the base game off and on over a year). I have recently added Island Living, Spa Day and Bowling Nights to my base game. And I can't say I seen this problem before adding these.

If you purchase the potion "Observant" from your aspiration earnings you can learn 2 things about a sim just by meeting them. I learned that just today. Standard smile

Oh, poo. I just realized this thread is for console and I use a PC. Sorry, should I delete this?

Message 38 of 65 (1,117 Views)

Hero
@song032005 This is for all platforms.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 65 (1,110 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks for merging me! I didn't see this thread when I was searching.
Message 40 of 65 (1,105 Views)