Original Post

Re: Unable to 'Water/Tend Garden' after last patch update

★★★★ Apprentice

okay thanks @crinrict

Message 51 of 124 (1,551 Views)

Re: Unable to 'Water/Tend Garden' after last patch update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I’m also having this issue. Garden is inside a greenhouse, with bees and patchy. I don’t mind not being able to water or weed......but my plants aren’t improving in quality, and I can’t evolve them.

Message 52 of 124 (1,539 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

★ Apprentice

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e6q03R9MogloH-F2kXTrWIq9HZ05iO4X

Here is my save from today; I'm playing under Hines. Never shared my save file before, so hopefully I did this right. I'd like to preface this by stating I do NOT have the seasons expansion. 

I have not played Sims4 since 4/14 and the last 3 updates were installed this morning. I started a new save (Hines) with no mods on and after the 3rd of 4th time I left the lot and came back, I realized the plants were dripping wet even though they weren't watered. I did have weeds appear for the first time, though.

If there's any more info I should provide please let me know. TY

Message 53 of 124 (1,495 Views)

Hero
Hi @MegiAre

thanks for the save. I have forwarded it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 124 (1,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have encountered the same bug - I just watched water dripping off of the plants that are in a planter on my second floor balcony, despite my lack of water, sprinklers, or rain, since I don't have the Seasons. I want to have my character complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration, but if I can't water ever, it's not going to happen.

Message 55 of 124 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't have seasons but after it came out I've been unable to water my plants everyday or weed them. If I use testing cheats I can set the plant to be thirsty in a couple in game hours. Every time I leave the lot and come back the plants look like they were just watered. I have mods but I don't think my mod affects the game. (If you must know it's the 'woohoo' mod. I've installed and uninstalled this mod before the patch a couple of times but it never affected the gardening skill.) 

[Edited by EA_Mai: please, don't name this kind of mods (not appropriate for all ages)]

Message 56 of 124 (1,342 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have Seasons so how is it that I don't have to water my plants everyday like before and sometimes weed and spray? They're the same. The only I can work my way up to evolve them is fertilizing them.

Message 57 of 124 (1,298 Views)

Hero
The whole system has been revamped, so that they need less. Since the overhaul came with the patch, you'll be affected with or without seasons. It's all slower now but if you think it's not working as intended, please remove your mods, test without and if it's still happening, provide your save as @SimGuruNick asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Gardening-Plants-don-t-need-water-or-weeding-in-games/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 124 (1,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is happening to me too except I don't have any packs installed. My plants are just in the ground and not needing care despite the soil clearly being dry. I'm also only able to fertilize the plants once.
Message 59 of 124 (1,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The plants in my greenhouse didn't need any water or weeding for a whole in-game year with 4 seasons now. Looks definitely like a bug to me.

Message 60 of 124 (1,232 Views)