[NEEDS SAVES] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

by Sorceress2696

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

Community Manager (retired)

Is there a chance that you don't need to water because it rained recently? Rain will water your plants for you. Or perhaps sprinklers, or Patchy the scarecrow watering them on his own? Also keep in mind that weeds, water need and bugs were all purposefully slowed down as part of the new gardening design. The weather can also be a factor, for example bugs happen more often in spring and blazing heat in the summer makes your plants need twice as much water. 

If you're positive that rain/sprinklers/Patchy aren't watering your garden, and it seems like your plants are truly invincible and never drink water, I would appreciate a save file to help us investigate. You can find more info for sending me your save in the following link, thanks much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 124 (2,383 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick I will get you that save file when I switch my pc on as I have later over 18 in game days with the plants in a greenhouse and haven’t had to water/weed once that whole time in my game. My plants are constantly healthy in the greenhouse too.

I definitely can’t water as it says this plant does not need water. And it’s the same for weeds in one of my games. The other game! The plants are outside in planters and I have had the weed option come up once but no water option. Some of the plants are dormant currently that required water and some don’t. So am kinda  confused as to if it’s on that game or not.

I do know for sure however that my seasons game in the greenhouse I have not watered or weeded once so my Freelance botanist ambition has not been able to progress from the first stage. I do not have sprinklers in my indoors greenhouse either.

Message 32 of 124 (2,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNickhere is my save files. You are looking for the Page Family which is the family with this bug. It has been uploaded via OneDrive as requested in the link.

I hope this helps

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiH9ggzFGMFYgikePXAqAyJxfDos

my ingame username is Sorceress2696 in case you need those details

Have also sent this via PM in case it needs editing Standard smile

Message 33 of 124 (2,217 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

★★ Guide

My plants haven't needed watering since I planted them, and they get an animation of water falling on them even though it's not. They sometimes need weeding and regularly are ready for harvest. I've played the game at least 2 sim weeks after the Seasons patch.

Message 34 of 124 (2,198 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted too add to that I haven’t yet got to a friendship level with patchy to have him come to life so he couldn’t be watering the plants for me

Message 35 of 124 (2,177 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was able to water a dried out mound for a flower yesterday.  It has been the only plant I have been able to water since Seasons update...unless I plant a new seed:  I am able to water a newly planted seed.  So has watering plants been reduced too in order to make gardening easier??

Message 36 of 124 (2,143 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't water newly planted seeds. They are just auto watered in my greenhouse.

Message 37 of 124 (2,130 Views)

★★★ Guide

hmm...I was able to water the seeds :o

Message 38 of 124 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just had a lot of weeds.  There is a new animation.  The Sim now uses some sort of leaf blower thing that sucks up the weeds.  I missed that the 1st time I tried to weed

Message 39 of 124 (2,121 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well I don't have that option at all in my greenhouse. My plants are still greyed out with this plant doesn't need water and this plant doesn't have weeds. Both greyed out. I can't complete my Freelance Botanist career past level 1 due to being unable to water or weed at all in my game. I am struggling to reach level 6 in the gardening career even with books because I can't weed or water at all.

So you are lucky that things are working for you now. I have PM my save file to SimGuruNick as nothing has improved or is working for me and I have been playing my seasons lets play for 18 sim game days through winter and I have never once had to tend or care for the plants in my greenhouse.

I also now have the bug where I can't plant winter veges cause its too cold. I just hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 40 of 124 (2,113 Views)