[NEEDS SAVES] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

by Sorceress2696

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

★★ Novice

Here's a folder with my save. I've never done this before so I included all the files that said last opened yesterday just in case. The only way to increase the quality of my plants is through fertilizing. I have never been able to water them besides right after they were planted, and weeds have never appeared. My sim aged up at the beginning of winter and I built her the greenhouse right then, it's now been 14 days in-game. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1itQjoUOIM8VnDC6OkHWEAtw5kee4zG9M

Message 101 of 124 (1,904 Views)

★ Guide

Is the winter set for longer than 7 days or is the world particularly cold?
Now that I have understood the connection with frost and the world, it is now clearer to me why Sulani, where there is hardly any winter or cold, continues to weed or water outside some plants throughout the winter, even in winter inactive plants. In my opinion, very complicated settings on the plant system were made in connection with very differentiated weather settings per world. For this each plant seems to have to be assigned the specific behavior with too many correlations, which is probably not always possible in the crowd. There are always deviations of individual plants to recognize.
And probably no one knows at a glance which behavior was assigned when. One part looks like it did not consistently program for a concept (such as planters whether round or square). One part seems to have simply forgotten something (eg lack of irrigation option on communal grounds without return of option, lack of allocation of different behavior in frost by greenhouses, lack of allocation to individual plants for planting during frost in greenhouses, different behavior of inactive plants outside during mild winter like in Sulani). There are probably also different assignments for trees and bushes. Depending on which combination a player already chooses (world, weather duration) it can sometimes come to a pouring and weeding and sometimes not. I was able to reproduce that in terms of frost now. I sincerely hope that there will not be more correlations like the age of the played Sim or who knows what else. Nobody overlooks that anymore.

Message 102 of 124 (1,872 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! 

Here's a link to other save files of mine (Slot 5) : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IRJS55bTNyYMh_akyytfMeAi0Yo9dYsh?usp=sharing

In this save, I can water the plants approximately one time per season... Still no weeds or bugs ever, though! This bug is making the gardening aspiration extremely challenging...

Thank you so much for looking into it!

Message 103 of 124 (1,834 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictSorceress2696 I will try to get a save ready. I use mods but will take them out and run a household for a sim-week and see if the bug persists.

Message 104 of 124 (1,815 Views)

★ Guide
@SilentK008 So here is how it goes when I tested watering plants.

I removed my mods-folder and repaired the game.

Started a new save in spring on a sunday. No beebox. Plants indoors and outdoors. Each season is 7 days.

Sunday: Planted flowers but I could not water them. The earth looked wet straight away.

Monday: Can harvest one plant

Tuesday: Plants have flowers, one plant has bugs that my sim can spray.

Wednesday: My sim could water flowers. Planted early Sunday and could water late Wednesday. Reacted because I have not seen this ingame for a long time.

Results: I don't know. Is it usual that it takes 4 whole days in a 7 day season before you can water indoors and outdoors? Also that you cannot water a plant when you actually plant it in at first. It makes the herbalist-aspiration a bit tedious if you have to wait 4 days out of a 7 day season before you can get to weed/or water a plant 3 times. Could be that this is how it is supposed to be? I do not know.

In my mainsave in which I used MCCC and a mod for removing happy-buffs only for the longest time I have had no watering for a long time indoors.

Hm... don't know if you save is useful but I have it safely tucked away in a folder.
Message 105 of 124 (1,781 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is now happening on PS4. My garden plants never need weeding or watering, however, the new plants I just planted need weeding and watering. None of my existing plants need care at all, only the newly planted. They are all in a greenhouse. This is with the latest patch for console. 

Message 106 of 124 (1,713 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know this is an old thread but I found it in the megathread of compiled issues. I recently purchased Seasons and updated my game, after not having played for quite a long time. So I don't know if it was a certain patch or the EP itself, but I am definitely now having this issue. Plants, whether in planters or straight on the ground, do not need watering or weeding. They will grow and come to harvest, but never need maintaining. So the Gardening skill is basically broken now.

I have repaired the game in Origin and removed what little CC I had in my game. The issue persists with a brand-new vanilla game. I played through about three Sim-weeks and it definitely is still an issue. Is this issue still on anyone's radar? Is there still a need for save games? Seeing as how it effectively breaks the Gardening skill, this is a real pain.

Message 107 of 124 (1,588 Views)

★★★ Expert
@fakehouses Garden plants only need watering and weeding during certain times of the year. If you play the long 28-day season length you might not have to water or weed for several weeks. What is your current season and season length?
Message 108 of 124 (1,567 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Saves for this issue would still be much appreciated for investigation, thanks so much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 109 of 124 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here's a folder with my save:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ps__0kQz7TuMkTe-Kylpa9xLFOVRBfH6

I planted several different plants in a basement during winter, and none of them have needed any tending. One of my sims has maxed out gardening, and I always get a message saying that no plants need gardening at the moment when attempting to tend the garden. Also, while most of them were planted successfully, I have a couple fruits that could not be planted because it says it's too cold.

Message 110 of 124 (1,432 Views)