[NEEDS SAVES] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

by Sorceress2696

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

★★★ Newbie

I am still having this issue also - across multiple households and saves. My plants just never need to be watered, very rarely need to be weeded, and almost never have bugs. My current sims live in Strangerville so it's definitely not a rain issue. 

Message 91 of 124 (1,461 Views)

Hero

@jhsinks wrote:

I am still having this issue also - across multiple households and saves. My plants just never need to be watered, very rarely need to be weeded, and almost never have bugs. My current sims live in Strangerville so it's definitely not a rain issue. 

Could you provide your save as asked by @SimQARobo on the last page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 124 (1,457 Views)

★ Guide

It is a Problem since patch for seasons. It depands on the level of gardeningskill in relationship with planted underground / planting througs. And it is still there, I remarqued today with island living. It crahes the scientist carrer a litte bit, if the "wrong" planting througs are used. 

Trye it yoursef: different skill levels and different planting througs. Or look to the pictures. I only changed the planting throughs with the same sim.

I think planting directly on the earth is repaired. The selfmade planting throughs are working fine, the other not all. But I don't remember all tests, i had made a year before. I think, I had posted it in the german sim forum.

Message 93 of 124 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found my test rows in the german forum (bug thread november 2018): Level by level an throug by throug. And ... further depanding what kind of lot the sim was visiting: his own lot, community lot, business lot, career lot. 

I think a parts of these bugs was repaired, but not all, because the relationsships of skilllvel, kind of planting throug and kind of lot was not completed known.  

Message 94 of 124 (1,375 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @SimQARobo 

I am having this issue as well, both my plants inside and outside the greenhouse never need watering, weeding or spraying for bugs... They still produce fruits, vegetables and flowers and their quality does increase overtime, though. 

Here is my save file so you can have a look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OcnmW_tT1PTPcB-EbTPqaqeqasJwGVrb/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you very much in advance for your help! 

Message 95 of 124 (1,325 Views)

★ Guide

In Sulani, some of the new plants behave in reverse. Pineapple and kava continue to grow in winter, they want to be weeded and watered almost every day. They are spring and summer plants.

Message 96 of 124 (1,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!!! Party hat

Our team is still looking into this, however, we have been running into issues reproducing. If anyone would be able to share a save file or any additional information with us, that would be very helpful! Here's how to send us your save files.

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 97 of 124 (1,181 Views)

★ Guide

What wheather do you have? Perhaps frost?

Frost let the need for watering and perhaps weeding disappear until it will become more warm. This happens also to plants inside a house. If there is frost, some plants cannot be planted (mushroom and carrots for example) in cause of the frost - also not inside. And the plantable Plants need not to be watered after Planting. They don't become dry and grow further. In winter that may happen during six or seven days, that there is frost. The wheathermachine does not change the frost.

Well, after some new test of the crazy programmed planting system in Sim 4, I 've got 2 new crazy rules for the frost. I can reproduce them like the other 9 rules, I 've found before these both. And that only, to understand, what I can plant when and where. I had never seen such crazy programming of plants in earlier versions of Sims. It ist not to see in a savegame, only by testing behavior of plants by frost - for this mistake.

It is a similar mistake like the forgotten option of watering on foreign land at square planters starting with level 2 of gardening. Tthere, the plants become dry and need water. You have to change into a round planters. Then you can water the dry plants. I dont know, what will happens in this case, when it is frosty.

I have no hope, that the whole planting system would become repaired. There are too much of such mistakes. Too much work to look for every plant on every kind of plantingground on every kind of property by all levels of gardening - and now also by frost. 

Message 98 of 124 (1,136 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruKuxiku I'm getting an unexpected error for your link, but I see Tojdil linked to a drive folder, does that way work alright?
Message 99 of 124 (1,068 Views)

Hero
@ZhuzhZhuzh Try this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 100 of 124 (1,053 Views)