Sim cant water plants or evolve them

by Angel_Love_0016

Original Post

Re: Gardening not working since patch

Hero
There's never any ETA's on when something is getting fixed. It's being looked into but just because there hasn't been a fix yet, it doesn't mean it's not being worked on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 124 (2,246 Views)

Re: Gardening not working since patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Another thing I've noticed is the No plants Need tending at the moment message, while plants are swarming with bugs.

Message 72 of 124 (2,203 Views)

[TO TEST] [V] Plasma fruit trees not upgrading in quality

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a plasma fruit tree (I have 6.)
What happens when the bug occurs? My plasma fruit trees never need watered, weeding, etc. It's been a month of game time and my trees never upgraded in quality. I can harvest them just fine, but they never need tending.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the trees upgrade in quality and for them to need watered, etc as they did before Seasons and the revamp in how quality is shown.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The only changes were upgrading my MCCC to match current patch, and installing current patch. This is a new game since the patch.

My plasma fruit trees never need watered, weeding, etc. It's been a month of game time and my trees never upgraded in quality. I can harvest them just fine, but they never need tending. 

I expect to see the trees upgrade in quality and for them to need watered, etc as they did before Seasons and the revamp in how quality is shown. The bug still occurs when I take out my custom content. 

Message 73 of 124 (2,186 Views)

Re: Plasma fruit trees not upgrading in quality

Hero
Hi

did you try a new plant after removing your custom content/mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 124 (2,169 Views)

Hero

Hi @MiladyRevenwyn

I merged your post with existing thread although yours is more specific. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 75 of 124 (2,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I tried a new plant after removing my custom content. That didn't work. 

And these being plasma fruit trees, they were not in a greenhouse or planter boxes. Just outside. 

I will tell you what did eventually work. 

I moved all the trees to my household inventory, then I moved my sims to a new lot. I placed the trees there. Now, they still don't seem to need watering, but weeding and bugs do occur, and the trees finally increased in quality. 

Message 76 of 124 (2,100 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We're no longer able to reproduce this issue.  Is anyone still seeing this without mods installed?

If so, would you be willing to share your save files?

Instructions here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 77 of 124 (2,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo I still have this issue big time in my sims 4 seasons let’s plays. Will share my save file later when I can but in the meantime you can check out my latest seasons let’s plays to see the bug still in action, along with the gardening career not paying anything but $10 dollars a day if you work from home and the toddler skill stats bug etc.

I have included the whole let’s play as this has been a big since the beginning. I even had to change the botanist ambition because I could go nowhere with it as I couldn’t weed and water plants. So it’s definately still an issue and makes it hard to do specific let’s plays when your game is riddled with bugs.

i even have some of the bugs starting with my Jungle Penthouse Let’s plays now plants are in a greenhouse.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIiQkMnpp888JxNrPglVmo3504awN248Z#searching

Message 78 of 124 (2,037 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having this problem also. I did notice you can see water falling on the plants but do not have the option to water them yourself. I can still occasionally weed the plants but never water

Message 79 of 124 (1,974 Views)

Sim cant water plants or evolve them

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have: Get Together, Go to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Spa Day, Movie Hangout, Kids Room, Backyard stuff, Spooky stuff, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant some seeds to grow a garden, and as you play through the first 2 days your plants grow but you will be unable to water them. If you watch the plants closely they might water themselves.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants water themselves, doesn't allow your sims to water them. Reduces the speed at which your sims can level up in gardening. Also makes it unable to evolve your plants into battery quality plants.
What do you expect to see? A puddle of water on the ground to mop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim can't water their plants, or evolve them. If you look closely you can see them water themselves from time to time. But this is interfering with your sims ability to level up their gardening skill faster, and you can't evolve the plant to make it better quality. I can still weed them from time to time, and harvest. 

Message 80 of 124 (1,980 Views)