Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

by crinrict

Original Post

Gardening bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All plants say they don't need water or weeding....ever. which means I can't improve their quality. I can sell the produce however.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't water or weed plants. Game tells me that they don't need watering or weeding. Which means they stay the same all the time. The only change they make is they do grow the fruit, veg or flowers but I can't increase their quality or evolve them because they apparently never need any tending.
What do you expect to see? To be able to water and weed and therefore evolve my plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began after the patch before seasons and was not resolved in the most recent patch.

I tried taking a photo but it was too large. When I hover over the option to weed or water, it says the plant doesn't need weeding/watering, this happens with every plant and I have been through 3 seasons. I have repaired the game many times and this has not helped, the problem still occurs with all families and lots.

I tried starting a new save and the problem still exists.

Message 21 of 124 (2,837 Views)

Re: Gardening bug

Hero

Hi @xJAMIEo

merged your post with existing thread.

There's also this thread you might wanna click me too on: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Quality-of-plants-not-very-slowly-progressing-No-evolve/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 124 (3,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is happening to me too.  No option to water the plants, and when I 1st loaded the game after the Seasons update, I noticed all the plants were dripping from having been watered: it stopped after a minute or so.  Yet I have not had to water any plant for a few days now unless it is newly planted from seed.  The mounds of dirt veggies/fruit and trees are in does not fade to a lighter color when they need water (nothing has turned brown or withered since seasons), they all appear to be fully watered.  I am getting weeds and bugs though...but again, only option is to tend garden to clear that...no water option or weeding option.

Another issue I noticed, is that the crop does not decay over time. This garden has not been harvested in days, and you can see how plump the veggies look (same with fruit trees).  Before the Seasons update, the visual plumpness would get less and less if not harvested relatively quickly: same with the flowers, the blooms would vanish over time if not harvested...they don't do that anymore and stay in a constant state of full bloom unless harvested.

Also, the sim does not have to be near the plants for them to evolve..clicking on evolve makes them evolve immediately with no sim near the plants. 

Tested this, the sim went up to the plant to weed it (was not at a distance), but no animation of pulling the weeds. will keep testing this

Message 23 of 124 (3,112 Views)

★ Guide

@Nuke615

I thought the evolve thing was on purpose, but I never really touched gardening before the new patch. Did they go up to the plants before? Maybe it's by design and they just make you click on them now with the new patch, but with so many bugs with plants, it's hard to tell

Message 24 of 124 (3,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I was thinking that too funky, but now I am not too sure. And yes, they went up to the plants before the plant would evolve before the last update

Message 25 of 124 (3,093 Views)

Hero

@Nuke615 moved your post over to the correct thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 124 (3,056 Views)

Re: Harvesting plants on a retail lot

Hero

HI @grubbysims

it seems a general issue. It's very slow now.

I merged your post with current bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 124 (3,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The immediate evolving is by design in order to make gardening easier and was also introduced with the pre-seasons patch. If I'm not mistaken they also mentioned that in the livestream they did prior to seasons. 

Message 28 of 124 (3,049 Views)

★★★ Guide

Was just hard to tell.  Wink  But I like how it speeds things up.

Message 29 of 124 (3,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Nuke615 Don't worry about it. Standard smile I constantly get confused if things are by design or not. It does make gardening a lot easier! :D 

Message 30 of 124 (2,997 Views)