by TiaB93

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Seasons Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant plants in a greenhouse in the Sims 4 with seasons and have beehives around and a sims with the freelance botanist trait. Plant them and they are automatically watered and weeded and stay happy and never need watering or weeding ‌
What happens when the bug occurs? I just click on the plant and it says this plant does not need water and does not need weeding. Everything else works fine. They are kept in a greenhouse with bees and I have never seen this issue before updating the game with seasons.
What do you expect to see? I just want to be able to water and weed my garden as it makes getting the garden skill up difficult when you can’t even with books which help!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It either came in the patch preparing for seasons or with the seasons expansion pack. I can’t be sure as I didn’t start playing till after seasons arrived. Before that I was just working on a building for my let’s play

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

..‌.

Message 1 of 124 (18,076 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

★★★★ Guide
I've had plants which haven't needed watering for a few days, I don't think it's intentional regardless. Weeds and insects seem to spawn on plants fine for me, almost daily.
Message 2 of 124 (17,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. This have started after new  update is installed. On one of my sims, water and weed option is not even appearing. When the other sim selected, i able to see those options but they are passive even if i click on to plants needs to be watered.

After starting to a new game, i realized that, when i try to water newly planted plants, they are staying dry. My sim is watering them again and again. Forever

Message 3 of 124 (17,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Had this bug too. I've gone from watering plants and them not accepting the fact they've been watered/ game doesn't recognize they've been watered, to this bug. It's definitely something to do with greenhouses as I've not had this issue with outdoor plants (tested them, they grew weeds and needed water daily unless it rained.) in the greenhouse they'll just stay healthy and happy forever, the only option on them being research. 

Message 4 of 124 (17,905 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I don't have Seasons, but except for watering when they were planted (3-4 days ago in game), they aren't needing watering or weeding. My Sim started with the Curator aspiration, and I have the better soil lot trait, so I'm not sure if that affects it or not.
Message 5 of 124 (17,852 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem too ! I watered my plants once and after a couple of days in game they dont need anything ..

Message 6 of 124 (17,756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me. I have plants outdoors, and they get watered one time and then never need water again. Weeds still pop up, but no option to water.

Message 7 of 124 (17,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same for me. It appears on my game with the 19/06/18 pre-patch. 

Message 8 of 124 (17,704 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have a sim with the freelance botanist aspiration, the plants are outside (not inside greenhouse) and there is a beehive near them as well. Not sure when the bug started as I did not play between patching and Seasons being installed, but definitely after the new patch/Seasons. In my case the plants never got watered, not even once. The soil turned dark the moment they were planted and has not needed watering for the last 5 days.  There is a variety of plants (flowers, herbs, mushrooms), both just planted in the soil and in the small round planter boxes. Leveling up gardening is super slow because my sim has no opportunity to water or weed the plants. This is a new save since Seasons, no mods, all packs installed.

Message 9 of 124 (17,630 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

★★★★★ Newbie

Same, also i haven't been able to water or weed the plants as it says they don't need water even though it's been ages! 

Message 10 of 124 (17,614 Views)