Re: [OPEN] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camera

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

★ Guide

i have this issue too, after taking the pictures from the camera my game start lagging

Message 21 of 29 (1,176 Views)

★ Novice

You posted this in like 2015. It's now 2021

I've been playing on PS4 for a couple days. I dont have any of the expansions and can't paint from reference without crashing. How has this not been addressed six years later?! Completely unacceptable tbh.

Message 22 of 29 (1,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having the issue and it started after the latest patch update and also happens when I go into build mode. The only thing that corrects it for me it clicking on save and manage worlds. Once I go to save (or act like I’m going to save) it will speed back up. I think this is a definite bug because, before the patch, I could enter build mode without the extreme lag. My game has also completely froze in CAS mode (after creating and customizing my sim) and I’ve had to restart all over. If you have this issue in build mode, click on save and manage worlds to save and it will speed back up. As for the camera? I have no clue…..it’s ridiculous.

Message 23 of 29 (1,109 Views)

EA Staff

Hello

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 29 (1,086 Views)

Champion

I ended up with so many error codes after installing Moschino and using the camera more, I actually had to buy a new next gen Xbox. I was in the middle of the freelance photographer career and despite kindly dedicated help on here and Microsoft staff, I lost my entire game and had to start over. I'd had many stability problems with it but this was the last straw that finally broke the camel/llama.

I really loved the paint from reference, used it a lot for homes and for art shops too. I also used the camera a lot for family and travel photography.

While rebuilding all 200 of my Sims on a new console I now dare not even purchase a camera for a Sim or take any photos or paint anything from reference. I was looking on here to see if it's resolved but it doesn't look that way.

My ex console is happier with it's new owner and likes his games just fine, so it seems to be blame free.

I guess my Sims still can't have that Kodak moment without risking the Simpocalypse.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 25 of 29 (1,052 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

We are still looking for more saves, 

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 29 (843 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camer

★★★★★ Novice

I'm on PS5, and I've always had extreme lag while taking photos and for a while after exiting camera mode, but it's only now that I've started experiencing my entire game crashing when trying to take photos.

I have every pack except Star Wars and the kits, and weirdly I've taken a ton of photos no problem since the latest patch came out with Growing Together. Now, almost a week later, I'm randomly unable to use a camera without my whole game closing. It happens every time now, for some reason, and I'm sad that I can't document my family's progress with photos on their walls anymore Frown

Disappointed to find this thread and discover this has been an issue for so many years... 

Message 27 of 29 (473 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camer

★★★★★ Novice

Update in case this is helpful to anyone: I think my camera crashing issue may have been associated with one particular camera - one that had previously been attached to a tripod, before being removed and stored in a sims inventory. Any photos subsequently taken with that camera would cause the game to completely crash to an error screen after exiting the camera view.

I sold the camera and replaced it with a new one, and I've now taken dozens and dozens of photos without issue. Seems likely the camera's history with the tripod may have been the cause of the issue?

Message 28 of 29 (437 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s now 2023 and it’s still a problem. 

Message 29 of 29 (310 Views)