[NEEDS SAVES] Game failed to save. Error Code: 514:54350669:f9618

by Compulsivian

Original Post

Error 514:54350669:4a9f2113 - Unable to Save

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for a short period of time and then attempt to save or save & exit.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have played the same Sims 24 hours multiple times because I receive an error every time I try to save.
What do you expect to see? I see an error screen "Error 514:54350669:4a9f2113."
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened around Wedding Stories & the Neighborhood patch... but I am not sure.

I continuously receive Error 514:54350669:4a9f2113 every single time I play the Sims 4. I appear to be able to Save if I have only played for less than 24 Sims hours. Also, I have been playing with scenarios.

I have never used any mods or CC and I only play with Origin content. I have attempted to Repair and Update and have seen no change. 

Message 31 of 40 (1,190 Views)

Re: Error 514:54350669:4a9f2113 - Unable to Save

Hero
@eveinivy I merged your post with the existing thread

Could everyone that I merged their threads make sure to click me too on the first page ? The me too count seems very low for the amount of pages this thread now has.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 40 (1,150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thank you Standard smile I didn't know about that button.

I have the issue too. I have all the games installed... and yes, I have scenarios active in the save Standard smile I was playing a non-scenario family and it wouldn't save. I managed to save by going into a different household (also non-scenario) and saving from that one in the end.

I hope this helps Standard smile
Message 33 of 40 (1,113 Views)

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

For anyone seeing this issue with an empty Mods folder and updated game - would you be willing to share your affected save file(s)?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 40 (3,927 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Game failed to save. Error Code: 514:54350669:f9618

Hi, I also got this while playing in a save where I have an active scenario, but playing with a different household than the scenario one.

I have no mods.

After reading this thread I first sent in my save file (thanks SimGuruRobo for taking a look), then went to the household with the scenario and cancelled out of it.

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Message 35 of 40 (1,028 Views)

The Sims 4: Can’t save

★ Novice

My The Sims 4 that I play on Origin on my Mac frequently shows this error when I’m trying to save: “the game failed to save. Error code: 514:54350669:4a9f2113”

I’ve tried repairing the game on Origin but still this happens. 

What else can I do to try and fix the issue? Thank you!

Message 36 of 40 (938 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Can’t save

@iris_da_rodesia

Merged into the bug report on the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 37 of 40 (822 Views)

★★ Guide

@iris_da_rodesia  Hey, you are probably playing in a saved game where you’ve played, or am playing, a household with a scenario. That's my experience of the problem. A scenario is active somewhere in that save.

I fixed my problem by going into the former scenario household, saved the game, exited and reentered the family I played at the time the problem occurred. And haven’t had the problem since.

One has resolved the issue by founding out a household with an active scenario was moved to “Other Households” and they cancelled the scenario.

Another just tried to save in a not related another household, non-scenario though, in the scenario save.

These are some options to try out for.

-But I would HIGHLY recommend, if You have the problem with an empty mods folder and updated game, send Your affected game save to @SimQARobo. This need to be looked into.

Message 38 of 40 (788 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for your reply!

I now realise that the error happens when I’m playing in a Cottage Living world household. That’s when I can’t save the game. So strange. 

Message 39 of 40 (761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@iris_da_rodesia  

My problem occurred in a household at Oasis Springs, but was caused of a former Scenario household located in Newcrest.
However, I have Cottage Living installed, but simply do not know enough about programming to know if it could be a contributing factor.

Did you solve your problem?

Message 40 of 40 (703 Views)