Re: Game crashes when placing a lot from gallery

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SandyBee3 Could you please make a separate bug report for these ? Seems something else is going on here and it's best to keep them separate.

Thanks. I've merged your posts from the mannequin thread over here. Also merged a post from GD

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 33 (1,211 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict When you tried to place the Lot yourself, did the game crash too ?
Message 12 of 33 (1,112 Views)

Hero
@SandyBee3 same as for you. I was able to place it (I was also able to turn it) but when I placed another on top (even when bulldozing it before), the game crashed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 33 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Than this really is a game bug. I hope EA releases a fix for that fast. It’s already 2 months. Maybe they don’t know what causes it yet either.
Message 14 of 33 (1,106 Views)

Hero
@SandyBee3 There have been lots that crashed the game for a while now (longer than the reports) but I haven't paid attention if those were mannequins lot or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 33 (1,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The Grand Movie Theater crashed my game as well when trying to put another lot on top of it.

Perhaps it is remarkable that in my case the crash was introduced by a series of music dropouts. Didn't we have a bug with sound-related crashes in certain situations when Snowy Escape was released? 

PS: The crashing may also be caused by a lack of RAM. I have only 8 MB Devil

Message 16 of 33 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 8MB ?? You mean GB ? me too, i never had any issues playing the game.
Message 17 of 33 (1,074 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SandyBee3 Yes of course, 8 GB!! I have played around a bit with the Movie Theater and it always crashes in different ways. Sometimes I can place it, sometimes not, sometimes it even crashes while bulldozing. The creator themselves issued a warning that the lot may have too many items, that's why I thought of RAM. That may also be the thing with the mannequins, perhaps the amount of outfits and accessories plays a role.
Message 18 of 33 (1,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@alanmichael1 I have 32 GB and it crashed mine too. Did you monitor how much RAM it used ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 33 (1,041 Views)

Re: Game crashes when placing a lot from gallery

★ Guide

I've done this and the game still crashes. I've tried repairing my game. I've tried new and old saves. I don't know anymore. I have no mods or cc. 

Message 20 of 33 (839 Views)