Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Gallery showing wrong packs used

by R13n3

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

No, the sim in question that the bug was affecting has never had a job. Luckily I had a copy of her in my library from before the glitch started occurring so I just replaced her with that one.

Message 21 of 71 (3,049 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone with this issue possibly share your save file or upload the lot in question to the Gallery, so we can investigate? We've had trouble reproducing the issue on our own. Thanks for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 71 (3,029 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Gallery showing wrong packs used

★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem for awhile. When I would go to put builds or sims in my games that show doesn't use any packs turns out the entire sim or build contains a pack/s I don't have

Message 23 of 71 (2,970 Views)

Re: Gallery shows pack unused

EA Sims Team

Hello @ElawSim 

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue you described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Gallery-showing-wrong-packs-used/m-p/7931796#M9116....

If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 71 (2,961 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also have problems with this, but the thing is that it says that I have HAIR STYLES from Island Living and Dine Out on a LOT, not in a household, on an actual lot. Wtf?

I edited Maxis' Still Life Boutique, and the hair style thing happened when I saved my edited version of the lot. I haven't added any hair to the mannequins. No sims own the lot. I don't have any mods or CC.

GalleryBug1.png

GalleryBug2.png

GalleryBug3.png

Message 25 of 71 (2,929 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Were there maybe any walkby NPCs on the lot when you saved it, that could've had those hairstyles? Not sure if that'd affect it but just a thought. Either way, can you share your save file with me where you've seen this? Thanks much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Message 26 of 71 (2,900 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had this issue with a couple of builds and I couldn't understand what was happening. As I read through the topic, I saw that the issues could come from different reasons but I found one that could help anyone that has the same issue: when I placed a sim on the lot to playtest it, I had it cook something to see if everything was working fine. I didn't pay attention to what I clicked on, just the fist option. It turns out that it was a dish from Outdoor Retreat. The build used just base game, cats and dogs and tiny living, nothing else. The sim ate the dinner and I evicted it right away to do the last refinements, save it and share it... and the outdoor retreat icon appeared. There was an empty plate on the lot that I couldn't delete that said it was that receipt from outdoor retreat. I had to place the sim again, have it clean up (I checked the fridge too) and then the outdoor retreat icon disappeared. I've been smashing my head on this issue and it was just a dirty plate from the testing. With households I believe it's good to check their personal inventories before sharing, you never know what they could carry in their pockets without you knowing.

Message 27 of 71 (2,838 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had this issue whenever I try to make a Sim using content from just the base game and one expansion pack.

Even after removing the Sim's clothes, accessories and makeup and saving to the library, the game still tags them as requiring some other pack e.g. Realm of Magic, but clicking on the icon for that pack shows that no items from that pack are being used.

Message 28 of 71 (2,757 Views)

Gallery issue with showing packs I did not use

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just check in gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims or houses in gallery are marked they are using pack I didnt use, or when I try some objects/clothes/hairs from it and then change it into basegame/pack I want to use it is still marked it is used, but if you check in the gallery the list of items the house/household uses from that pack it doesnt show anything...
What do you expect to see? I expect NOT to see packs I did not use on that item in gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have installed custom content but if I making something for gallery I always switch it off and repair the game so it is clean from any problems mods can occur. I have this issue multiple times, houses, families I create and donť play with them, so they can not have any items in pockets or carrers or anything. I give you screenshots also, sorry they are in czech but I think there is everything you need to see. It is one example of more of them, This building is build in Willow Creek and is build from scratch like a small house so it has to be basegame and tiny living only...

Message 29 of 71 (2,692 Views)

Re: Gallery issue with showing packs I did not use

EA Sims Team

Hello @Kajinka96 

I downloaded the "Shell Challenge" lot that you uploaded and deleted all the walls.  I noticed that there was a column remaining that was from Cats & Dogs (the "Op-Ed Column").  It looks like the issue is that coliumns may not be appearing in the "Show Used Items" list.  We will look into it.

Message 30 of 71 (2,654 Views)