by guarinao

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] No work pop-up for Detective, Doctors, Scientist

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday expansion pack, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dineout, Parent living, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doesn't really know
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim won't go to the Gig and i can't follow the sims who works at the "get to work" careers
What do you expect to see? The Actress going to the gig and being able to follow other sims to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After the latest patch, my sims who have the GTW careers are "Bugged", can't follow them to the workplaces and the "1 hour to work" pop-up doesn't appear at all.

Message 1 of 15 (1,886 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to gigs and can't follow others to their workplaces

★★★ Newbie
@guarinao I started having the same issue after the recent update
Message 2 of 15 (1,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@guarinao Could you please edit this to be about the GTW careers only ?

Thread for actor is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/89...

As the careers work a bit different, it's best to have one thread for GTW careers and one thread for Actor

EDIT

I tested my doctor and my science Sim and had no issues going to work even when reloading/Travelling.

Could you guys that have this give more details ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (1,753 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict So, in this save i have several families (as usual), after playing with my actress for some time she wouldn't go to her gigs anymore, after reading the other thread i believe this is due to the celebrity perk that allows us to skip auditions. But, right after this bug started i tried to play with my Doctor and my Detective and, surprise, I couldn't follow them to their workplaces, as for the detective, there wasn't even the "1 hour pop-up" for her. They would go to work only after clicking the "go to work" button.

Message 4 of 15 (1,704 Views)

Hero
@guarinao Can you send me your save ? Upload go google or onedrive and PM me the link.

I would like to use only the other thread for the actor career and this one for the GTW ones, so if you could edit your first post, that'd be great.

The actor issues is related to travelling/reloading your save while the gig is active. It has nothing to do with the perk.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (1,679 Views)

★★ Novice

So, i have tried the "no travel" thing and, apparently, it worked!

If i don't leave the lot with them , the GTW works normally.

Message 6 of 15 (1,653 Views)

Hero
@guarinao For me I couldn't even duplicate the travelling for the GTW careers. Since I tested another save than I have my actors on, it would be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

As I personally don't play rotationally, a save with that Constellation would be interesting to look at.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (1,645 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@guarinao I don't know. I'm doing a full scientist playthrough. The Acting bug is very consistent. I played Scientist for over a week and the first full week my sim never got the option to go to work. Kept clicking "Go to work" and the rabbit-hole worked fine. The last three work days it's worked fine and allowed me to join. Can't figure it out so far.
Message 8 of 15 (1,628 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps Is that the same save as the actor or a different one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (1,621 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict No, different one.
Message 10 of 15 (1,619 Views)