by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] No sims at detective APB locations except for the criminal

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs up to the release of Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Collect enough clues as a detective to issue an APB and go to the APB location.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no other sims at the APB venue apart from your sim and the criminal suspect. There are no sims around to ask about the suspect (even though you don't need to).
What do you expect to see? Previously, there'd be normal background activity happening. For example, at a gym there'd be a trainer and gym visitors exercising, as well as the criminal suspect somewhere on the lot and you could ask other sims if they'd seen them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Probably since 1.47.49.1020 - the Get Famous pre-patch in November 2018.

There are no other sims except for the criminal suspect visiting lots where an APB event is taking place in the Detective Career. This isn't how the game worked before the recent updates – previously there'd be normal activity happening on whatever lot you visited, e.g. at a bar there'd be a working bartender and customers.

Now you just get a completely empty lot. There may be some sims that spawn on the pavement around the area for walkbys after a while, but not normal lot visitors.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 34 (10,466 Views)

Re: No sims at detective APB locations except for the criminal

★★★★★ Guide

I've been noticing this as well since I started working with the Detective Career again after the lot issues were fixed; it's been happening like this though even before that previous lot issue was around.

The only place I don't see it happen as often is community lots that "require" additional Sims, like a Nightclub or a Bar. That's not saying much though. I do hope this gets looked at, as it makes finding Criminals WAY too easy.

- B

Message 2 of 34 (10,373 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No sims at detective APB locations except for the criminal

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (10,353 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having this issue as well. I own everything up to Island Living and am patched up to the June 18th patch. I don’t play with mods or CC. It’s not every time i load into a lot, sometimes there are a few other sims there but when it is just one sim 

I do try to wait at least for other sims to show up before arresting the sim I’m looking for just so it doesn’t seem THAT easy.

Message 4 of 34 (10,214 Views)

★ Guide

Having this problem too. I have had multiple APB's and only the criminal was there....it's really annoying and immersion breaking.

Message 5 of 34 (10,127 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [GTW] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★ Guide

Hadn't played the detective career in a while, but just issued my first APB today and when I arrived at the location there was NO ONE there, let alone anyone who fit the APB description. I returned to the station and re-issued several times, was sent to a different location each time, always completely deserted. If I hung around the lot for a while, eventually maybe a mail carrier or another cop would show up patrolling, but that's it. This thread says this bug was fixed, maybe this is a different bug, but I didn't want to make a whole new report if others had already reported it. 

Message 6 of 34 (9,997 Views)

Hero
@Fanphoria I moved your post over to the correct thread on this.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (9,976 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

FYI, I am having the same issue as fanphoria. I already clicked Me Too, but wanted to clarify that in my case the suspect never shows. The lot is either completely abandoned or there are one or two sims there who do not fit the suspect description.

Message 8 of 34 (9,718 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same exact issue as the OP here that posted over a year ago. It's no fun when the only person on the lot is the criminal. There's no deducing. 😕

Message 9 of 34 (9,583 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] No sims at detective APB locations except for the criminal

★★★ Guide

I am also having this issue. For me it has always been this way, except once when I went to the museum in Willow Creek, there were like 3 Sims that were almost exactly like the criminal I was looking for. It was fun trying to figure out the right one. That was a long time ago, and ever since then it's always just the criminal hanging out on an empty lot. Not really difficult to guess who it is...

Message 10 of 34 (9,540 Views)