Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [GTW] Doctor Career: No pregnant sim spawning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get Famous; Seasons; Cats and Dogs; City Living; Get Together; Get to Work Game Packs: Jungle Adventure; Dine Out; Spa Day; Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Fitness; Bowling Night; Movie Hangout; Perfect Patio; Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Doctor Career - no pregnant sim spawns at level 8
What do you expect to see? a pregnant sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is at level 8 of the Doctor career and to progress needs to deliver a baby. No pregnant sim is spawned to allow me to continue with the game.  Several tests have been carried out to determine if the fault is in current sim game.

Have logged a report but get no help. Game is reporting it is up to date but wonder whether somehow that patch was not downloaded as I did not play the game for about 12 months. Only just started back again. Is there a way to check to see if you have received patch 1.41.38 in the game. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 18 of 54 (9,231 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Doctor career issues

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Sul Sul! 

Is anyone still seeing this without mods or custom content installed? If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 54 of 54 (199 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Doctor-deliver baby event doesn't spawn the pregnant lady

★★★ Novice

Still not working for me. Have logged a report but get no help. Game is reporting it is up to date but wonder whether somehow that patch was not downloaded as I did not play the game for about 12 months. Only just started back again. Is there a way to check to see if you have received patch 1.41.38 in the game. 

Message 1 of 54 (9,235 Views)

Champion
At the bottom of the launch screen with the big play button, look at the bottom where it shows the version number.
Message 2 of 54 (9,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

My game is up to date with the my version being 1.47.49.1020 but was trying to figure out because of the long gap in playing the game whether the patch needed would have been skipped because I have been playing for over a week now (every day) waiting for the pregnant sim to arrive. Have heaps of house calls and collapsed sims to deal with but not the pregnant one I need.  I noted that the relevant patch was released in February and I didn't start playing the game again until Seasons came out.in June.

Message 3 of 54 (9,213 Views)

Hero

Are you using any mods ? Patches don't get skipped. If you have 1.47, you're up to date.

Can you try repairing your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 54 (9,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

no mods

Message 5 of 54 (9,184 Views)

Hero

@vhicks10

Does the event not spawn or do you have the event but no pregnant Sim ? 

Is your save currently at the point where that's the case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 54 (9,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

sorry but I am not quite sure what you mean. I need to deliver a baby as a promotion task for the doctor career (level 8). No pregnant sim ever shows up at the hospital (or at house visits) for me to complete this task.  I have tried everything that I can think of but nothing works.. Have run the repair as suggested, I don't have any mods, moved house to see if that helped. I am at a loss as to why I am stuck. EA help have been useless in addressing this I have emailed and spoken on the phone.

Message 7 of 54 (9,269 Views)

Hero

What I'm asking is if you have the task at work but the no one shows up or if you never ever get the task (both have been an issue) but you've answered that.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 54 (9,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @vhicks10

I tested your save and was unfortunately not able to replicate.

Second task I got was to deliver the baby and the pregnant Sim arrived at the lot right away. She was outside for a few moments and then I got the message that the someone was on the lot to deliver a baby which I did

In the folder you sent me, I saw that you have a few older files you don't need anymore.

Could you try deleting the following files (or move them to the desktop of now):

• lotcacheddata (the whole folder)
  • SerialGUID (to be found in the saves folder - also the whole folder)
  • Slot_00000001.save (autosave, no longer needed)
  • Slot_00000001.save.ver1 (autosave, no longer needed)
  • Slot_00000001.save.ver2 (autosave, no longer needed)
  • Slot_00000001.save.ver3 (autosave, no longer needed)
  • Slot_00000001.save.ver4 (autosave, no longer needed)
  • All files starting with lastException_ (those are error logs. You might need new ones later if there's further troubleshooting necessary but you can delete the old ones for now)
  • localthumbcache.package (cache file -- it's huge in your case and might cause issues. It will be regenerated on the next game start)

Hopefully it will work after that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 54 (9,238 Views)