Re: Dine out - Host not turning up!

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [FIXED] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

Hero
@Niysiah Moving your post over to a more general thread as the Sulani one had a very specific cause and has been fixed already.

QA is still looking for saves on this one so please, if you could upload yours that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 34 (796 Views)

Dine out - Host not turning up!

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and a Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure what this means.
What happens when the bug occurs? I open my restaurant yet the host never turns up, so I can’t run the restaurant.
What do you expect to see? The host to turn up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hiya, Just yesterday, I bought Dine out Game pack. I made my restaurant. But when I opened it, my host hasn’t turned up. I’ve fired them and re hired them three times and I’ve moved the lot. It still doesn’t work. I’m quite disappointed as I bought this just yesterday and it isn’t working. Please help! Thankyou

Message 22 of 34 (917 Views)

Champion
@Hoover123p what happens if you try opening the restaurant from home and then travelling to it while it's already open and running?
Message 23 of 34 (895 Views)

★ Novice
@simvasion It still doesn’t work unfortunately. The customer count is at 0 and there is no profit, really quite disappointed with the Sims, I know it’s an old(er) pack but I still payed good money for this. Frown(
Message 24 of 34 (849 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@Hoover123p do you keep rehiring the same person? Have you tried another host instead? Maybe the sim you're choosing is unable to spawn as an employee for some reason. It's hard to say without knowing everything about the person you're trying to hire.

I haven't had any problems with hosts appearing at restaurants, so it's not an issue that everyone is currently experiencing. You've said "Yes" to having mods and CC - could it be an issue caused by those?
Message 25 of 34 (838 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem. No mods no cc. never used. I have hired different hosts at different restaurants

Message 26 of 34 (792 Views)

Hero
@Reekyteek Did you check if he's stuck somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 34 (762 Views)

Hero
@Hoover123p Are you still having issues ? Do you have > 8 Sims in your household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 34 (732 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Hiya, thanks for replying. I have actually removed all my cc and mods. As much as I miss some of it, it has solved the problem - thankyou very much for your support - guess custom content ISNT the way to go! Many thanks x
Message 29 of 34 (729 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictI have checked and now my host is turning up but my waiter is not arriving. I have looked high and low and I don't see them anywhere. 

Message 30 of 34 (713 Views)