Re: Dine Out Host Wont Show Up to Work

by lepetitemais

Original Post

Dine Out Host Wont Show Up to Work

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, all GP, Bowling Stuff, Movie Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new restaurant and open it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every employee shows up but the host.
What do you expect to see? The host to show up along with the other employees
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Either the 06/18/19 patch or island living did this. I don't know if it is related to the Uniform bug.

Message 11 of 34 (1,749 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you found any kind of solution? I'm pretty bummed, I just moved to Sulani and tried to open a restaurant and it's not functional. It's pretty annoying that my Sim as the business owner can't seat people himself because the host/hostess just doesn't show up so the restaurant doesn't work. I've spent so much time building this and can't play. 

Message 12 of 34 (1,731 Views)

Hero
@AtticusCrowe Does it not work in any world/any restaurant or a particular one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 34 (1,706 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Dear crinrict,

I know this has been an ongoing issue for many players judging from various forums and comment sections. It took me a while to find this bug report here, because it does not have the word "restaurant" in its title. 

I own at least one restaurant in each world (apart from the destination worlds) and was able to narrow down the problem to any townie that was generated in Selvadorada! Everybody else will come to work as usual, except for the Selvadoradians. So from 60 employees altogether, 13 of them were from Selvadorada (I know this because I renamed all their surnames to be "Selvador") and none of these 13 ever show up for their shift, 100% of the time. This includes chefs, waiters and hosts. I find these numbers to be too precise to be considered coincidental. Everyone else is fine, including Sulani.

I usually just lurk, but since it's been a long time already and I have not seen anyone else reporting on this, I thought I finally needed to give you a heads up. (I consider my save file private and not shareable, thus sorry about that.)

I hope this helps a little and thank you so much for your tireless work!

Message 14 of 34 (1,631 Views)

Hero
@DMDragonCT Interesting. Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 34 (1,613 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for your reports on this issue. This does really help our team a lot! We are continuing to investigate, however, we have not been able to reproduce the bug successfully yet.

If anybody sees this issue happening in their game and does not mind sharing a save file with us, that would indeed be super awesome as it would help our team a lot to gather further information about this issue!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 34 (1,572 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruKuxiku Hello! I've had this issue recently with the Lambert household in "north" Newcrest in this save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWfmZGpykmRrhAehBzOEsX0639ZglyWp/view?usp=sharing
Message 17 of 34 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lepetitemais Which Sim did not show up for you ? I tested your save and all three employees are show up with no issues.

Does it only happen sometimes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 34 (1,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictSorry to be unclear! Yes, it only happens sometimes, it's no "unplayable". I'm not going to be able to test this theory right now, but the last time it happened I believe my sim was at the restaurant, I saved and exited the game. Then when I started the game again, clicked on the household and loaded just that one sim that was in the restaurant/the restaurant directly and opened it, either the waitress or the host didn't show up. Had to travel home and go back, and then I believe it worked. IIRC.

Edit: Tried to replicate now, didn't work.

Message 19 of 34 (1,489 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

★ Novice

This may not be the problem in your case but when I visit a restaurant I made in Sulani, I noticed at first that there was no host, so as you said no one was being seated and it was basically a pointless trip.. Later after trying everything I could to be seated.. I noticed that every time I'd click be seated it would show the host pop up in my cue, so I knew what she looked like && started looking around the lot for her.. Turns out she was off swimming in the water behind the restaurant... I tried everything I could think of I even reset her a few hundred times and she would just continue to swim... This is something that needs to be fixed.. Or at the least made into a mod like "restaurant employees in Sulani don't swim" because this is seriously a major pain...

Message 20 of 34 (1,458 Views)